Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:03 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times

Advertisements

Here is an idea I got from a person I know at boise state university.
Her finance professor is absolutely beside himself in the wake of this bailout and financial crisis. This professor thinks that everyone in class should bring a copy of all their debts, collection accounts etc and staple them together and send it off to congress to be part of the bailout.
It made me laugh quite a bit..

So, What does everyone think? should we here at forum put together all of our debts and petition congress to bail us out too? would it be fair?
What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,212,143 times
Boiseguy that's hysterical! Start a poll! LOL!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:52 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,243,321 times
I'd be game for that...if the gov't is going to bail out Wall Street, they might as well go further in debt, and bail all of us out too.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:55 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I'd be game for that...if the gov't is going to bail out Wall Street, they might as well go further in debt, and bail all of us out too.
Whose debt to you think they are buying? They are not bailing out Wall Street directly...they are bailing them out indirectly by taking your worthless debt off their books. This includes mortgage, credit card, and auto loans.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,632 times
Personally, I think they are bailing themselves out. Our government screwed up (both teams) and now have to cover it up...big time. What gets me is there is no mention of making any changes to the cause of this. They screwed up, want us to pay for it and not change a thing. And this wont happen again?

Old 09-25-2008, 04:58 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
Here is an idea I got from a person I know at boise state university.
Her finance professor is absolutely beside himself in the wake of this bailout and financial crisis. This professor thinks that everyone in class should bring a copy of all their debts, collection accounts etc and staple them together and send it off to congress to be part of the bailout.
It made me laugh quite a bit..

So, What does everyone think? should we here at forum put together all of our debts and petition congress to bail us out too? would it be fair?
What are your thoughts?
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:16 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,948 times
It's already been suggested that since we are expected to foot the bill for this that we should all be given a clean slate on our credit. I think we should all be given a stake in these companies as well.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Personally, I think they are bailing themselves out. Our government screwed up (both teams) and now have to cover it up...big time. What gets me is there is no mention of making any changes to the cause of this. They screwed up, want us to pay for it and not change a thing. And this wont happen again?
Haha, sorry, but yes, there are going to be major overhauls. It's been stated numerous times

Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Haha, sorry, but yes, there are going to be major overhauls. It's been stated numerous times

I am not sure the gvmt is capable of major overhauls for the best .
Doubt 98% in BOTH parties could run a lemonade stand .

Keep in mind they are OWNED by special interest money thus what type of real overhaul can we expect.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I suggested somewhere on this site that we should simply declare a Jubilee and cancel all debts public and private while letting people keep possision of their physical assets like house and cars and stuff. Then start over by distributing 100,000 New dollars to every citizen (not illegal alien) and starting the system over.

The Chinese, Arabs and the finance rich plutocrats might be a bit miffed but they would get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies