Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we continue the Alcohol Ban on San Diego Beaches ?
YES 47 40.17%
NO 70 59.83%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:15 PM

58 posts, read 105,727 times

Advertisements

GET THE FACTS!

CHECK THIS LINK OUT: No on Prop D - No on the City Wide Permanent Alcohol Ban at San Diego Beaches and Parks, Proposition D (http://www.noonpropd.org/videos.php - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 05:22 PM

Default Nice Move Jack Ace!

WHO IS Joe.... The Sign THIEF!

Member of SavePB and On the Board of Directors of the Pacific Beach Town Council.

Respected Citizen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_CqRc5jv4
Attached Thumbnails
San Diego Beach Alcohol Ban - Vote YES / NO-407390273_ssf26-x3.jpg  

Old 11-02-2008, 05:29 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
JERRY ROMAN .... YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN ANNOYING "SPAMMER" !!!

I am really surprised the MODERATORS have allowed your posts to go on this far. You also have been doing EXACTLY the same thing here at SIGN-ON-SAN-DIEGO (http://comment.signonsandiego.com/view/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.signonsandiego.com%2Fnews%2F metro%2F20081102-9999-1m2propd.html&page=12 - broken link)

Hotornot .... You saw my previous reply. I have nothing more to discuss with you about the word "riot". You are simply wasting your time if you think you are trying to convince me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE YES ON PROP D !!! FOR CLEANER AND SAFER BEACHES !!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Sorry the TRUTH is not well received here. However, this is America and we are all FREE to say and write what we want. I choose to speak the TRUTH. My Goal is to let ALL SAN DIEGANS see the other side of the story. So they to can Vote No on "D"

Old 11-02-2008, 05:37 PM

This is a CITY-WIDE BAN.

Map of San Diego Beaches, Bays and Parks With A Permanent Ban if Prop D passes.

Please go to this link:
No on Prop D - No on the City Wide Permanent Alcohol Ban at San Diego Beaches and Parks, Proposition D (http://www.noonpropd.org/map.php - broken link)

Proposition D is a permanent city-wide alcohol ban on over 2000 acres of parks and 26 miles of shoreline including:Crown Point Shores De Anza Cove Mariners Point Fiesta Island Scripps Park

Vote No on "D"

Attached Thumbnails

Old 11-02-2008, 07:11 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
Arrow More Videos of PB Riot 2007

Below are several more videos I found on YouTube of the PB Riot on Labor Day 2007.

You can judge them for yourself.

"Riot", "Brawl", "Melee" ... "High School Prom" ... call it whatever you'd like!

Also notice the huge size and rowdiness of the crowd.

This is what San Diego was like before the alcohol ban:

YouTube - Riot on Pacific Beach in San Diego on Labor Day 2007

YouTube - Riot on Pacific Beach in San Diego on Labor Day 2007- part 2

YouTube - San diego Riot on Labor day, 3

I am not looking forward to a return to the above kind of behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------
That is why I am voting YES on PROP D !!!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-02-2008, 07:47 PM

267 posts, read 1,289,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
A temporary alcohol ban was enforced during summer 2008 in response to a riot in Pacific Beach which occured on Labor Day 2007. The riot occured...
Violence is a key component, or the premise, of the word "riot". And as such:

1) No one person suffered significant injuries during the 2007 Labor Day melee. And there were no deaths.

2) Private property: although there are several businesses located at the end of Reed Street, businesses that line the boardwalk from one end to the other, none of them suffered any damage during the 2007 Labor Day incident. If you're not familiar with the PB (Pacific Beach) / MB (Mission Beach) boardwalk, you should know that there are many businesses that abut the boardwalk.

3) There was no damage done to any public property.

4) I personally witnessed several skirmishes. It amounted to several incidents of pushing and shoving. The participants were civilians, not cops, civilians. The civilians were in disagreement with something, and so they became hostile toward each other. But they were not violent towards each other. Big difference!

5) The non-riot regular street patrol officers did arrest several civilians for disorderly conduct and for several other minor offenses. Operative word: "minor offenses". Some of the people SDPD arrested had to be manhandled. But none of the arrestees were violent towards SDPD. None of the offenses were of a violent nature. Repeat: none of the offenses were of a violent nature, and that's darn important to keep in mind. Most of the charges were later dropped.

6) Since there was no violence comitted during the 2007 Labor Day brawl, a riot never took place. And I am sure any competent judge in America would agree with me. The only people who call it a "riot" are the ignorant, the incompetent or the demagogues. Ken Hewitt and RD5050 embody some of those traits.

Dictionary: riot (rī'ət)
A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose. A disturbance of the peace by several persons, assembled and acting with a common intent in executing a lawful or unlawful enterprise in a violent manner.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:15 PM

267 posts, read 1,289,255 times
Default Got dictionary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Below are several more videos I found on YouTube of the PB Riot on Labor Day 2007. You can judge them for yourself. "Riot", "Brawl", "Melee" ... "High School Prom" ... call it whatever you'd like!
No, I'm not gonna call what took place at the end of Reed Street on Labor Day 2007 whatever I like. No thank you.

I'm gonna use a little old book that judges like Judge Judy like to use in cases like this: a dictionary.

Because that's the fair way, the honest way. Without partiality. Without bias. Without bullcrap. And since there was no violence comitted to other human beings or physical property, the 2007 Labor Day melee was not and never was a "riot".

Dictionary: riot (rī'ət)
A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose. A disturbance of the peace by several persons, assembled and acting with a common intent in executing a lawful or unlawful enterprise in a violent manner.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:17 PM

NEWS FLASH * NEWS FLASH - PROHIBITION DOES NOT WORK!

The Alcohol Ban is another example of local Government and a minority of rich land owners on our beaches taking freedoms away for responsible individuals.

We already have laws for every alcohol related issue you can think of that may happen at the beach. Why not enforce the current laws we have? Instead we have a new law that stops responsible taxpaying citizens for even having a beer or wine at the beach.

Please see this link for the current laws on the books:
http://www.noonpropd.org/otherlaws.php

GET THE FACTS! www.NoOnPropD.org

Old 11-02-2008, 08:18 PM

CITY-WIDE BAN... This is a San Diego issue, Not just your little beach.

Map of San Diego Beaches, Bays and Parks With A Permanent Ban if Prop D passes.

Please go to this link:
No on Prop D - No on the City Wide Permanent Alcohol Ban at San Diego Beaches and Parks, Proposition D (http://www.noonpropd.org/map.php - broken link)

Proposition D is a permanent city-wide alcohol ban on over 2000 acres of parks and 26 miles of shoreline including:Crown Point Shores De Anza Cove Mariners Point Fiesta Island Scripps Park

Vote No on "D"

Attached Thumbnails
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies