Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we continue the Alcohol Ban on San Diego Beaches ?
YES 47 40.17%
NO 70 59.83%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:11 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times

Advertisements

I sure hope it's not banned. I am in San Diego every year, and love the privilege of taking beer onto the beach. Last summer was the first year I was not able to, however, the strand down on Coronado Island was still legal. I hope that isn't included in the ban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 PM

58 posts, read 105,693 times
Chip Franklin - KOGO AM 600 this morning
YouTube - Chip Franklin On Prop D - No On Prop D - San Diego No On Prop D

Old 11-03-2008, 12:34 PM

The rich land owners and developers paying for the yes on d.

Recipient Committee Campaign Contribution Statement California Form 460 shows Wealthy Land Owners, Developers, Real-estate Companies and even Former United States Governor's!

San Diego Coastal Shoreline Beaches and Bays *FOR SALE* - eBay (item 170274221221 end time Nov-04-08 10:19:52 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170274221221&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007 - broken link)

This is Public Record Information. Form 460 is a Legal Document and shows who is contributing to the yes on d side. This is a shame! The wealthy continue to run our City Council and push new restrictive laws on honest taypaying citizens of San Diego.

Vote No on "D" GET THE FACTS!www.NoOnPropD.org (Link)

Old 11-03-2008, 12:44 PM

Who's Funding The Alcohol Ban?

Roger Hedgecock Show on KOGO

YouTube - Who's Funding The Alcohol Ban? - No On Prop D - San Diego

No on "D"

Old 11-03-2008, 01:18 PM

7 posts, read 9,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Although I would prefer alcohol to be banned on the bay as well, it is not as important as it is on the beach. I've never seen the kinds of extremely huge of party-animal crowds on the bay like I've typically seen at PB near Reed St. before the ban. And on the beach, drunks can create safety issues by taking up lifeguard time, and keeping them from focusing on watching the ocean.

How do you respond to a mother whose 5-year child old drowns in the ocean, while all available lifeguards were pre-occupied breaking up a drunken "melee" on the beach?

As far as alcohol ban during the winter, I don't know one way or the other. I guess if the crowds were reasonably small, and didn't bother anyone, then I would not object to alcohol on the beach during the winter. But I would expect people to take responsibility for themselves if they drink and get hurt, and not blame lifeguards or extra police for not being present.
So we can expect a NO vote out of since - since the bays are empty during the winter? I mean, this ban is just WAY too broad to deal with a few problems at Reed St.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Scottman View Post
So we can expect a NO vote out of since - since the bays are empty during the winter? I mean, this ban is just WAY too broad to deal with a few problems at Reed St.
Right now the Prop D vote will cover all bay and beach areas at all times.

If Prop D passes, opponents of the ban could always attempt to get another vote sometime in the future, which would be less restrictive at different places during different times of the year.

Personally, I plan to support Prop D at this time because I think the ban has made a huge improvement at the beach!

The beaches feel much safer, and are less crowded and less noisy. They are much more family-friendly. The difference is like night and day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
VOTE YES ON PROP D FOR CLEANER AND SAFER BEACHES
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-03-2008, 01:43 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
I understanding is that alcohol is not allowed on the beaches of Orange & Los Angeles counties & that hasn't stopped people from having a good time.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM

7 posts, read 9,740 times
Quote:

If Prop D passes, opponents of the ban could always attempt to get another vote sometime in the future, which would be less restrictive at different places during different times of the year.
More lies! IF D passes, we will never get this right back and R2D2 knows it. They are trying to trick you into voting away your rights.

Every incoming city-council member supports a holiday only ban - so if D fails, we will have a holiday-only ban (which I support). But only if D fails!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:55 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Right now the Prop D vote will cover all bay and beach areas at all times.

So would you support something like this then? Allowing alcohol in certain areas at certain times instead of a city-wide blanket ban?

Old 11-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Yes! to you Sir. A HOLIDAY BAN is one of our many Solutions we are pushing for.

Who's Funding The Alcohol Ban?

Roger Hedgecock Show on KOGO

YouTube - Who's Funding The Alcohol Ban? - No On Prop D - San Diego

No on "D"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies