Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:00 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,375,961 times

Advertisements

A very good article I think

Quote:
SAN DIEGO — In the movie How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days, Kate Hudson plays a young woman intent on proving that any man can be scared off. Case in point: her love interest, played by Matthew McConaughey. The result is an amusing look at how much punishment one can withstand before running away.
That's how it is with Latino voters this election year. Democrats and Republicans seem to be trying to outdo each other in terms of mistreating, neglecting and scapegoating America's largest minority. Both parties are eager to appeal to the mainstream, and they think one way to do it is to declare their independence from Latino voters — especially in the immigration debate.
Here:
Who deserves the Latino vote? - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 07:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
They should vote for whoever will get spending cuts through, enforce the border and other laws, and cut taxes.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:00 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Wow, what a kook that Ruben Navarette is. And what a racist jerk. Who deserves the Latino vote? Why - are the Latinos a monolith, who are going to place all their votes en masse on one side of the political aisle? And now the US political parties have to earn anything from Latinos, many of whom still exhibit allegiances to their native lands? One needs to look no further than any given immigration rally and see all the foreign flags being waved while they burn the US flag or hang it upside down underneath their own countries' flags.

Why doesn't he create a new political party - he can call it the Latino party, or maybe he can just use the term already in use everywhere else - La Raza. Then the Latinos can have their appropriate ethnocentric representation which apparently idiots like Ruben assume the entire Latino community desires.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Wow, what a kook that Ruben Navarette is. And what a racist jerk. Who deserves the Latino vote? Why - are the Latinos a monolith, who are going to place all their votes en masse on one side of the political aisle? And now the US political parties have to earn anything from Latinos, many of whom still exhibit allegiances to their native lands? One needs to look no further than any given immigration rally and see all the foreign flags being waved while they burn the US flag or hang it upside down underneath their own countries' flags.

Why doesn't he create a new political party - he can call it the Latino party, or maybe he can just use the term already in use everywhere else - La Raza. Then the Latinos can have their appropriate ethnocentric representation which apparently idiots like Ruben assume the entire Latino community desires.

Great post- Pols need to be concerned with what's best for the country and not concerned with getting votes. Of course this will never happen.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:14 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
A very good article I think
Here:
Who deserves the Latino vote? - USATODAY.com
Let me know who I'm supposed to go and vote for, because I don't have brain to make that decision

Why doesn't anybody ever ask "Who deserves the white vote?"

Old 06-09-2010, 11:14 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

It's true he assumes that Latinos all vote Democrat, well I vote Republican and so do most Cubans and many Puerto Ricans from the island, he's a hack

Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,692 times
Why should Latinos who are proud americans be in favor of open borders/amnesty?
The Article said Latinos should be angry at the Dems because they step up enforcement and..
Arent pushing hard enough for amnesty?Give me a break.
So the Repubs or Dems have to EARN this vote by doing whats wrong for our country?
We have to cater to the open borders crowd?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Correct, I was shocked to discover that Puerto Rico's governor is a Republican as is Guam's governor.

I can't wait to see Ruben Jackass charged with sedition. He really deserves it too, all he does is try to undermine the rule of law established by a sovereign nation in favor of creating a free for all where him and his fellow illegal lovers can do whatever they please.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Let me know who I'm supposed to go and vote for, because I don't have brain to make that decision

Why doesn't anybody ever ask "Who deserves the white vote?"

That's because 90% of the white people in the USA aren't influenced by the desire to have more of their people come into the country no matter what the cost is.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
OPs link is one of the most poorly written, biased articles I've seen. Both parties have gone way out of the way to court the LEGAL latino portion of the population. Perhaps to the detriment of the non-protected-minority part of the population, but that's for another thread. The only thing portions of the R party has tried to do is limit criminal immigration. One would think that legal latinos (immigrants or US born) would also be in favor of border security and ensuring that what imigrants are entering the country are law abiding, not criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies