Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:40 AM

4,544 posts, read 6,820,790 times

Advertisements

T. Boone Picken's energy plan is the most comprehensive plan out there and is what is needed for the US to become energy independent.

Neither McCain nor Obama have an energy plan that even comes close. Picken's plan is also one of the simplest ways to significantly reduce our dependence on foreign oil in relatively short order.

Support the Picken's Plan. Visit PickensPlan and sign up to be a member of the Picken's Plan army!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:34 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,877,478 times
You are right. a private citizen has put forth a far better approach and neither candidate has jumped open his bandwagon... are they stupid? His is most closely related to Nader's plan, I would like to see the push towards the renewables but with the goal of making it independence from tyhe energy companies. And no Nuclear power... those things make no sense.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,077,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
T. Boone Picken's energy plan is the most comprehensive plan out there and is what is needed for the US to become energy independent.

Neither McCain nor Obama have an energy plan that even comes close. Picken's plan is also one of the simplest ways to significantly reduce our dependence on foreign oil in relatively short order.

Support the Picken's Plan. Visit PickensPlan and sign up to be a member of the Picken's Plan army!
Thanks for your input Boone.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,746,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You are right. a private citizen has put forth a far better approach and neither candidate has jumped open his bandwagon... are they stupid? His is most closely related to Nader's plan, I would like to see the push towards the renewables but with the goal of making it independence from tyhe energy companies. And no Nuclear power... those things make no sense.
Just how do think this is going to work?Total replacement of Gas\coal\nuke fired generation is going to leave a bunch of people in the dark....Do you realize that one of the main reasons so much gas fired generation has gone in is to back up undependable wind power......

Old 10-12-2008, 08:21 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,141,156 times
I think T-Bone deserves some credit here. He spent 3 billion of his fortune on wind farms, even though he's in the oil business. He didn't have to do that, give the man a break. At least he has an energy plan, and has already taken a first step. People can blow all day long about alternative energy, but it's rich guys like T-Bone that can actually get something done.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:46 AM

4,544 posts, read 6,820,790 times
I wrote to my congressman and senators asking them to consider the Pickens Plan. None of them would even acknowledge that his plan exists. Instead they took it as an opportunity to complain about the opposing party (the Republicans).

Of course one of my senators, Chris Dodd, has been busy trying to weasel his way out of any responsibility for the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac crisis despite being Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. It's far easier to just blame everything that is wrong on America on the opposing political party instead of taking responsibility for being part of the problem and not a part of the solution!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:11 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,746,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I think T-Bone deserves some credit here. He spent 3 billion of his fortune on wind farms, even though he's in the oil business. He didn't have to do that, give the man a break. At least he has an energy plan, and has already taken a first step. People can blow all day long about alternative energy, but it's rich guys like T-Bone that can actually get something done.
Pickens is not stupid there's a reason he invested in wind MONEY. The same reason I'm invested in wind PROFIT. Not for the sake of the planet.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:43 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,077,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Let's get some things straight. Pickens hasn't built a single wind farm yet.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:44 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,391,268 times
Although he is heavily invested in natural gas, and is promoting the use of natural gas.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:17 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,141,156 times
Well, maybe I should of said "spending" rather than spent. But he placed his first order with GE for 667 turbines, it's going to happen. T-Bone's building the largest wind farm in the world. And he's going to make money, so whats wrong with that ? His farm is going to produce up to 4 gigawatts of clean green electricity, thats what we need. Im not real excited about his plan to run cars on natural gas, but I dont have a problem with nuclear power.

The point is, he's rich and investing in alternative energy. How many more of these people can we get on board ? Bill Gates, Oprah, Warren Buffet, corporate investment would, also help. Better to get the private sector stimulated to the idea, because the gov'mint is broke. It has to be profitable to enter into the alternative energy business, or it won't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies