Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:45 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I find it interesting that someone from another country feels qualified to sit in judgement on us. If things are so great where the OP lives ...well just stay there.
Oh c'mon, NVP (are you related to JTP?) He's just tryin' to impose his values on you. How could it hurt? (lock and load).

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I dug up these to give the OP a historical reference..
The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so" --Adolph Hitler.

Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA -- ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the state." - Heinrich Himmler. l (http://www.xmission.com/%7Eranthon/hitler-and-guns.htm - broken link)
rl... you catching this? These guys friends of yours? (Where IS that tiny little penis of mine? Gotta be here someplace...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 03:10 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A gun is a tool. People kill with guns, knives, cars, hammers, fists, whatever. Guns can't kill by themselves. We own them because it is our God given right and protected in the Constitution. If our government tries to abuse us, guess what will happen?
Although I understand and appreciate (if not agree) with a lot of what gun rights people say, I think saying guns are a "God given" right is kinda oxymoronic.

Really now, who would Jesus shoot?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:14 PM

917 posts, read 2,299,484 times
...and most of the people who answered you are voting McCain. Many many Americans do not care one whit about having a gun. It's a "type" for the most part. (notice I said "for the most part")

Old 10-22-2008, 03:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
...and most of the people who answered you are voting McCain. Many many Americans do not care one whit about having a gun. It's a "type" for the most part. (notice I said "for the most part")
I'd love to see support for your contention that most (regarding firearms) are voting for McCain.

Firearm ownership in the United States is rising dramatically. And, is doesn't matter the political party one belongs to - it reaches all sides of the aisle

Concealed weapon permit applications are skyrocketing - with the largest segment of applications coming from women.

Firearm manufacturer's are catering to woman more now too - with "pink" stocks and grips!

I carry a firearm all the time. Do you?

I have used a firearm to protect myself and my family. Have you?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

I carry a firearm all the time. Do you?

I have used a firearm to protect myself and my family. Have you?
Scary. Remind me not to invite you over for tea.

Hey do you carry your weapon to schools, church, restaurants? How bout when shopping at Walmarts?

What scared you so much that you feel you need to be armed all the time? Are you like 5'2 or something?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Hey do you carry your weapon to schools, church, restaurants? How bout when shopping at Walmarts?
My firearm is with me at all times. The exception would be those areas where firearms are specifically excluded. Many of our shopping malls now allow concealed carry.

Quote:
What scared you so much that you feel you need to be armed all the time? Are you like 5'2 or something?
It's a rough world out there. Drive by shootings. Random shootings. Robberies. People going to an ATM getting held up.

I believe in the motto "Be Prepared" - and that is totally different than being "scared"

As I noted, I used my firearm to defend my family - and I shot, and killed, the intruder. I would hope that I would not ever again be put in that position but, if I am, I would do it again - with absolutely no hesitation.

I also live in a VERY rural area - it would take the Police quite some time to reach us. I have also had to use a firearm to shoot and kill two Javelinas that were getting much too close and could not be "scared away".

Old 10-22-2008, 04:00 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Scar tea.

Everywhere listed but school (have to leave it in the car there)
6ft 250lbs

Old 10-22-2008, 04:03 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparaciii View Post
Guns aren't made for protecting. They are made for killing.

My question is rather about American choice to own a gun as a country, not single individual.

My idea is that more guns = more killings, less guns = less killings.
Not true.

People will always find something to knock each other off with, such as a knife.

Taking away one weapon will just increase the use of another. And ANYTHING can be a weapon.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Although I understand and appreciate (if not agree) with a lot of what gun rights people say, I think saying guns are a "God given" right is kinda oxymoronic.

Really now, who would Jesus shoot?

The God given right is to defend yourself. In Jesus's day the best tool was a sword, in todays world its a gun.

What you think doesn't matter. Those who mattered thought differently than you & made it a right protected by the law.
Whats oxymoronic is to call yourself an American while poking fun at one of its founding principals. That principal being an armed citizenry is a free citizenry.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
when i see a post like this i know 3 things about them
never in a war
never mugged or raped
never seen a family member mugged or raped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies