Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:21 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,398,999 times

Advertisements

I think the crazy lady from the McCain rally sent out a lot of flyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 PM

451 posts, read 1,229,077 times
Anybody that denies racism in this country has a serious problem. Now when it comes down to

Racism, by its simplest definition, is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

This is what I see most out of white people. They feel that blacks are stupid, lazy and that only a white person can be "insert job right here" qualified.

While there are black people who feel this way, I see this more common with white people. When I was in the military people were always shocked at my rank and younger age, and abilities like it wasn't possible and only white people were this smart.

prejudice refers to prejudgment: making a decision before becoming aware of the relevant facts of a case or event.

Still a lot of white people here too. Already having issues about a black person they meet that is filled with stereotypes about people before they even take the time to understand who they are.

This is also where I see a lot of black people at. They think that all white people are out to get them. Can you blame people for thinking this way when we live in a racist society? I think we could give every person a chance, but defense mechanisms dictate otherwise.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,078,505 times
Racism is bad.
But it is also used as a weapon to shut people up.

I had a Black college student once and she was a role model.
She never showed bitterness if someone discriminated against her.
She was happy to be alive and to be around.
And when people see that, they forget about the race.

I am different, I dwell about it like the Obamas but I try not to and I think of my model student.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:20 PM

118 posts, read 146,679 times
If obama claims to be half white then why does he seem to think in terms of black and what is 'best' for HIS people? If he had to make a choice between race, who do think he would favor????? Sunil's Dad, nobody in this country is oppressed as you stated. Stop beating a dead horse!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby61 View Post
Too many times in the past so many people have deemed it only as a southern problem. Well guess what? It isn’t. I get very tired of the hypocrisy.
And I'm thankful that I'm smart enough to stop falling for the hatred and racists comments made by the Democrats.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:29 PM

493 posts, read 718,363 times
There is all types of racism in this country, not only limited to blacks and whites, but hispanics, arabs, and even asians are discriminated against as well! It's a touchy subject, but admitting the problem or at least acknowledging it is the first step!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,963,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyT View Post
If obama claims to be half white then why does he seem to think in terms of black and what is 'best' for HIS people? If he had to make a choice between race, who do think he would favor????? Sunil's Dad, nobody in this country is oppressed as you stated. Stop beating a dead horse!!!
When will people stop being silly AND ignorant!!!.

Since the inception of this country we have had white men presidents, that was the norm for the country, and nothing was wrong with it.

Obamma comes along attempting to unite ALL people and get this country turned in the right direction and the only thing you can conjure up is "what will he do for HIS people".

News flash fer ya, pretty soon you'll be one of his people too and guess what, he won't treat you any better or worse than anyone else.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,253,111 times
I am thankful that racism is finally being addressed as a national problem

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I think it has been discussed to death.

NOTE: A large majority of Americans will NOT be voting for Obama....not because he is black....but because he is a liberal. The same thing happened to John Kerry and he wasn't black. I'm tired of the whole racist whining scenario.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,640,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I am thankful that racism is finally being addressed as a national problem

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I think it has been discussed to death.

NOTE: A large majority of Americans will NOT be voting for Obama....not because he is black....but because he is a liberal. The same thing happened to John Kerry and he wasn't black. I'm tired of the whole racist whining scenario.
Yes, we know that there are some people who don't agree with Obama, which is normal - of course everyone won't agree with a person's views.

Is it still considered whining when there are whites who are not voting Obama for the sole reason that he is black? and blacks who are doing the same?

Until these problems go away, racisim will still be an issue. Discussing a still present problem doesn't constitute whining.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:16 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
racism is not addressed as a national problem. it will be when civil rights law is applied to all people and not just the most abused. it will be when civil rights law ceases to be used to defend the uncivil.
i have a dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies