Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times

Advertisements

The more I read these threads and look at all the media sources out there and the things they write on politics, the more I believe we need unbiased and non partisan journalists out there if we really want the truth. We all know that the right has Rush, Fox, Hannity, Beck etc. that are partison to the right. You will hear their version of the truth which is biased toward their side. On the left we all know that CNN, MTV, NY times, Olberman etc. are all biased to the left. You will hear their version of the truth which is also biased to their side. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth. There seems to be no medium where you can hear non biased points of view anymore (if there ever was a time when this did happen). I look at each side as being corrupt and see lots of things as being staged to make the other side look bad (conspiracy thoeries anyone?). So I find it hard to believe anything I see on the news that has anything to do with politics.

Anyone else starting to feel like this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 08:08 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
The more I read these threads and look at all the media sources out there and the things they write on politics, the more I believe we need unbiased and non partisan journalists out there if we really want the truth. We all know that the right has Rush, Fox, Hannity, Beck etc. that are partison to the right. You will hear their version of the truth which is biased toward their side. On the left we all know that CNN, MTV, NY times, Olberman etc. are all biased to the left. You will hear their version of the truth which is also biased to their side. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth. There seems to be no medium where you can hear non biased points of view anymore (if there ever was a time when this did happen). I look at each side as being corrupt and see lots of things as being staged to make the other side look bad (conspiracy thoeries anyone?). So I find it hard to believe anything I see on the news that has anything to do with politics.

Anyone else starting to feel like this??
Felt like this for a long time now. What is worse, I started feeling like this when I was in school while my professors set aside the pursuit of knowledge and took up the banner of propaganda in order to teach their version of the topic. The news isn't the only problem, it is everywhere.

Only way to deal with it is to go to the core of every claim. If it can not be verified or validated at the original source and within context, I start checking my pockets to see what is missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies