Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 12:27 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

This isn't exactly in San Francisco but it's more than likely that there's a pretty good percentage of the population of San Francisco that agree with what this teacher did. SignOnSanDiego.com > News > State -- Parents protest student pledge forms on gays
Since some of you don't trust Worldnetdaily nor FOX news I managed to find a different source for this story. Some parents are considering legal action. School is mum on if they'll take any action at all. The teacher passed out pledge cards from the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network and she had her 5 year old students sign the pledge cards. FOX news has a copy of the pledge cards from one of the parents. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,445865,00.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 12:40 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
This isn't exactly in San Francisco but it's more than likely that there's a pretty good percentage of the population of San Francisco that agree with what this teacher did. SignOnSanDiego.com > News > State -- Parents protest student pledge forms on gays
Since some of you don't trust Worldnetdaily nor FOX news I managed to find a different source for this story. Some parents are considering legal action. School is mum on if they'll take any action at all. The teacher passed out pledge cards from the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network and she had her 5 year old students sign the pledge cards. FOX news has a copy of the pledge cards from one of the parents. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,445865,00.html

There you go again, proving the point that Republicans are haters. Gay marriage is coming to a state near you. Where will you flee with your ignorant bigotry? You might want to consider Iran since they delight in executing gay teens for loving each other. Would that satisfy your hate?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:51 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
There you go again, proving the point that Republicans are haters. Gay marriage is coming to a state near you. Where will you flee with your ignorant bigotry? You might want to consider Iran since they delight in executing gay teens for loving each other. Would that satisfy your hate?
Honestly I don't see concern about this as hate. I don't think there is any need to involve kindergarteners in sexual issues. And that seems to have been the fault here anyhow:

"But Joyner told The (Hayward) Daily Review that the pledge cards given the kindergartners were meant for students in middle school and beyond. "

Hate crime needs to be opposed. I don't think sex needs to be discussed with young children however no more than they need be concerned with war, economics, or other complex controversies. Leave the adult issues to the adults.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:53 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
It is one thing to be accepting of a life style choice. It is another thing entirely when someone decides that 5 year old needs to be a part of a moment of acceptance. I for one do not want my young children to be involved with anything sexual hetero or otherwise until I feel it is time for them to be educated, by myself and by my wife.

Kindergarten is a time for fun, a time to learn how to get along with others of the same age group and a time for kids to expand outside of the small world they have known up to this point. This is not a time to teach them what a homosexual is and why we shouldn't use bad words against them.

And for the record I am against Gay Marriage, because I feel marriage is vow between a man and a woman in front of God. I however have no problem with Gay civil unions, if they want to be a couple and have the same rights as heterosexual couples, I can live with that. But don't force me to use a religious term onto something that is against my religion!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:55 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
This story is more about a specific teacher than San Francisco....

Old 11-01-2008, 12:59 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
This story is more about a specific teacher than San Francisco....
Yep, just another disgusting, manipulating, filthy Kalifornian liberal.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:12 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
It is one thing to be accepting of a life style choice. It is another thing entirely when someone decides that 5 year old needs to be a part of a moment of acceptance. I for one do not want my young children to be involved with anything sexual hetero or otherwise until I feel it is time for them to be educated, by myself and by my wife.

Kindergarten is a time for fun, a time to learn how to get along with others of the same age group and a time for kids to expand outside of the small world they have known up to this point. This is not a time to teach them what a homosexual is and why we shouldn't use bad words against them.

And for the record I am against Gay Marriage, because I feel marriage is vow between a man and a woman in front of God. I however have no problem with Gay civil unions, if they want to be a couple and have the same rights as heterosexual couples, I can live with that. But don't force me to use a religious term onto something that is against my religion!
Hey guys, the subject is dealing with our world. Children in California & Massachusetts schools aren't taught sexuality until Middle School. But the reality is that parents come in different pairs now. Education is acknowledging the present world or do you want to not teach kids how to read or report their observations of the world? Bottom line is acceptance; that's the best teacher!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:23 AM

274 posts, read 606,185 times
Quote:
Hey guys, the subject is dealing with our world. Children in California & Massachusetts schools aren't taught sexuality until Middle School. But the reality is that parents come in different pairs now. Education is acknowledging the present world or do you want to not teach kids how to read or report their observations of the world? Bottom line is acceptance; that's the best teacher!
Exactly!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:33 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
However, 5 year old kids are too young to have to worry about adult relationships - gay or straight.

~Mike (has no problem with gay marriage but at age 5 he was fingerpainting or something like that...)

Old 11-01-2008, 01:43 AM

274 posts, read 606,185 times
Yes, but the 5 year old may have two mommies or two daddies. I'm sure they would recognize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies