Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 08:15 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I love this post! Thanks Huckleberry for saying it so well.
You two ought to start your own 'mutual admiration society'...

I've done quite well also - but I have the common descency not to brag about it.. I've always thought that makes people sound so full of themselves...

These are usually the same people who would never part with a single penny to help their fellow man, and who oppose any government programs that they don't directly benefit from - no matter how many needy people they help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 08:35 PM

773 posts, read 1,215,309 times
There are three methods to increase income.
First you can create something with your labour and sell it. An example is the carpenter who builds your home.
Second, is to trade a good or service for money. An example is the newspaper boy who delivers a morning paper.
Third, you can steal money from the wallets and homes of people. An example is the home robbery where the thief steals all your possessions.

My question is in what of these three categories, do you think the government earns its income?

Old 01-11-2009, 08:40 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Who are you?

Who are this "group" of middle class "poor is me's" who are sooooo damn happy and glib to want to take from me?

Better yet, who aren't you?

I worked my arse off to get to where I am. I don't make a million + per year. Depending on how "business" goes, I fall into the $250-$300K range per year.

So please, tell me what you do in a day, the sacrifices you make, the hard life you have had and how you have tried to overcome it and not had any success and all the RIGHT choices you have made where you just can't keep up? And with the same breath, tell ME how I OWE you one more dime than you already get from me or anyone else.

Please, list away.

I can't wait to hear how people who can afford a computer think that they're "suffering" by the hands of people who keep this country afloat (you know, those "rich" who make up for the rest of the pathetic slackers?).

So please, tell all of us your age, your hard core-circumstances, The sob story that Oprah would cry over, your education level and anything else that pertains to YOU wanting to take away from those who have more than you (5 kids by the age of 20? Never saw the point in finishing HS? Never saw the point of taking out a loan and going to college? Too much of a hippie to care about anything but yourself and a big old heap of compost and bear scat? Too smart for anyone but yourself and "theory" so you still have no social skills? You'll get points for admitting to jealousy/laziness).

WHO ARE YOU and HOW do you justify demanding something YOU DIDN'T EARN to the point that you want to take WHAT I EARNED AWAY FROM ME.

Wow........ Feel better now?!

I am HIF. Would you give me a new car? Justification- Mine is dirty.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:31 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Wow........ Feel better now?!

I am HIF. Would you give me a new car? Justification- Mine is dirty.

go out and earn your own money, and if you want to give it to someone else then so be it, but you should not have to expect the federal goverment to come and steal your money to give to a bunch of worthless bums who are not even willing to go out and look for a job themselves.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:34 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Who are you?

Your country that provided the environment that allowed you to achieve and become successful. NO ONE gets a free ride, but you sure seem to be demanding yours.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Your country that provided the environment that allowed you to achieve and become successful. NO ONE gets a free ride, but you sure seem to be demanding yours.

where in the Constitution does it say we have to pay for worthless bums to get a fair share?

general welfare is not a paycheck from cradle to grave, but obviously alot of people who like to vote for a check seem to think so.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
where in the Constitution does it say we have to pay for worthless bums to get a fair share?

general welfare is not a paycheck from cradle to grave, but obviously alot of people who like to vote for a check seem to think so.
What gives you the right to call another human being a worthless bum?

Old 01-11-2009, 11:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Who are you?

Who are this "group" of middle class "poor is me's" who are sooooo damn happy and glib to want to take from me?

Better yet, who aren't you?

I worked my arse off to get to where I am. I don't make a million + per year. Depending on how "business" goes, I fall into the $250-$300K range per year.

So please, tell me what you do in a day, the sacrifices you make, the hard life you have had and how you have tried to overcome it and not had any success and all the RIGHT choices you have made where you just can't keep up? And with the same breath, tell ME how I OWE you one more dime than you already get from me or anyone else.

Please, list away.

I can't wait to hear how people who can afford a computer think that they're "suffering" by the hands of people who keep this country afloat (you know, those "rich" who make up for the rest of the pathetic slackers?).

So please, tell all of us your age, your hard core-circumstances, The sob story that Oprah would cry over, your education level and anything else that pertains to YOU wanting to take away from those who have more than you (5 kids by the age of 20? Never saw the point in finishing HS? Never saw the point of taking out a loan and going to college? Too much of a hippie to care about anything but yourself and a big old heap of compost and bear scat? Too smart for anyone but yourself and "theory" so you still have no social skills? You'll get points for admitting to jealousy/laziness).

WHO ARE YOU and HOW do you justify demanding something YOU DIDN'T EARN to the point that you want to take WHAT I EARNED AWAY FROM ME.
They are the rich corporate CEOs that the government gave even MORE money to in the form of a bail out...AKA a big ol' WELFARE CHECK!

Write to one(off shore address, natch!) and ask him who the heck he thinks he is...and when does HE appear on Oprah with a sob story or in the case of a CEO, a S.O.B. story.????

Old 01-11-2009, 11:18 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What gives you the right to call another human being a worthless bum?
apparently, you have not read a certain document in which our country was founded on? of course, the people may not like what he has said, which does not protect him from a. being fired for saying such, and b. having people disagree with him, but it does protect him from our government taking action and arresting him for saying what he did.

1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I may not like how he put it, but he has every right to say what he did.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:30 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
One reason the wealthy should pay taxes and contribute to the welfare of society is for their own self interest in avoiding social unrest, revolution and their heads ending up on the ends of pikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies