Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:56 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

just a quick question. I happened to check the Tennessee forum today. Wow. I thought it was 1950 or something!!. Just any of you guys- thoughts; opinions?

sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 09:05 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
just a quick question. I happened to check the Tennessee forum today. Wow. I thought it was 1950 or something!!. Just any of you guys- thoughts; opinions?

sunny
I can only speak for myself- no, I don't find them intimidating at all. In fact, I probably would get along with them much better than conservative women. I've never figured out why any woman would be conservative.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:15 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
I'm curious too, because I've met both sorts of guys over the course of my life and being one of those 'liberal women' have found it a decidedly mixed bag.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:34 AM

603 posts, read 1,996,024 times
Really depends on what you mean by 'liberal'. Am I intimidated, no. Is it attractive or unattractive--it depends. I find women that are hardcore feminist very unattractive, at least to me personally. Now, there is a distinction between feminism and liberalism. IMO feminists quite often act too much like men and seem a little cold to me (look at Hillary). Call me old fashion, but I think women and men need each other, despite our differences in thinking. Almost all the women I've dated, tend to think liberal. Now, when you date a woman and she talks about how evil men are 24/7 and this and that...that's not very productive to a relationship, but it tends to be the type of tune that women are being told constantly in our day, particularly in academia. Just my observation

Old 02-24-2007, 09:41 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
I like women who act like normal people. If a woman is all caught up in being militant and combative, especially with an anti-male agenda, then I don't want to be around such a person and they are easy to avoid and keep away from.
I ignore or stay away from people of both sexes who have issues like that. A lot of the stuff you're reading in the TN forum though is tongue-n-cheek humor because that one poster made such a fuss about moving to TN and asking how women are treated there -as if the entire state is colluding against women somehow. It was too good to let pass

Old 02-24-2007, 09:58 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
MoMark -- I agree, I'm generally not a fan of militant or combative people, of either gender.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:59 AM

Smile lol-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
I can only speak for myself- no, I don't find them intimidating at all. In fact, I probably would get along with them much better than conservative women. I've never figured out why any woman would be conservative.
mb- I think we would get along well

I am feminine, and like being a woman, but also am opinionated. However, I dont make it a contest between male/female, (and yes the feminism thing I guess sometimes takes it too far.) It is hard for a woman to be professional AND not come off as strident. I work in management but have to be twice as professional as a man does, to have credibility.

sunny

Old 02-24-2007, 10:01 AM

Lightbulb Momark-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I like women who act like normal people. If a woman is all caught up in being militant and combative, especially with an anti-male agenda, then I don't want to be around such a person and they are easy to avoid and keep away from.
I ignore or stay away from people of both sexes who have issues like that. A lot of the stuff you're reading in the TN forum though is tongue-n-cheek humor because that one poster made such a fuss about moving to TN and asking how women are treated there -as if the entire state is colluding against women somehow. It was too good to let pass
I knew you were joking. However I am not sure of the age of that poster, but the barefoot/pregnant comment does NOT sit well with me. Way too retro to be funny.

sunny

Old 02-24-2007, 10:01 AM

986 posts, read 2,808,555 times
Date a liberal woman.....marry a conservative woman....
The reason why I say this is most of the married woman I know who are a bit more conservative put there familys first, job is second. They are not afraid to be at home mom's. They are not defined by there careers. Does this make sence. I do not mind some one putting me in my place(kindly) if you think I am wrong. I do think this is a great topic. I think in general man would be more intimidated by a more liberal woman...just my opinion.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:06 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
nope not threatened,a couple of my ex girlfriends were liberal,which led to some great debate and the "makeup" after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies