Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:42 AM

61 posts, read 155,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Grab a pencil.....

From Stanford University:

Biological basis of sexual orientation

There are a great number of scientific articles which elaborate on and explore the hypothesis of biological basis for homosexuality. Unfortunately, most of them are located on scholarly databases such as Jstor, and unless you have access to these databases, you cannot get to the articles. I have access through the University and in searching the library database, I found 25 articles regarding homosexuality and biology from the Library of Congress alone.

Apparently, you're one of the last people walking still holding on to the notion that homosexuality is a choice. Who in their right minds would choose the stigmatization and/or denigration that comes along with that particular "life choice"?
imo homosexuality is a choice, although i really dnt care that much wut gays do in there spare time(unless its 2 hot gay chicks, then by all means!!) it jus erks me when i see gay guys acting like a chic more than a chic, it also erks me when homo's say stuff like "we are being treated just like african americans", that pisses me off cus i dnt recall gays being stolen away by the thousands, and having to watch a heterosexual person jus doing what ever they want to your gay spouse while you have to contniue plowing the fields,i also dont recall any one lynching gays by the hundreds, or bombing schools and churches where young gay children were killed, or a gang of cowards showing up at your home in the middle of the night in sheets dragging gays out of the house and castrating them and hanging them in front of their children.
Not trying to be rude or offensive but these things actually happen for multiple decades, and if its so inhumane to speak of why did it even happen in the first place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 01:29 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
You know what? Something has just sparked my curiosity. A lot of right-wingers on this forum find the idea of homosexuality to be so repulsive merely because they don't want to know what goes on in our bedrooms. That's a fair judgment call to make. However, a large number of them feel as if heterosexual sex is the only sex that matters because it is the only activity that results in procreation. However, judging by my sexually-charged conversations with some of my straight male peers in college, 100% of them have received oral sex at some point from a female. Isn't that "reviling" to you conservatives? How can that result in procreation? I will also say that I know of one heterosexual couple around my age that engaged in (at least once) anal intercourse. Isn't it time some of you looked into the mirror at your fellow heterosexuals who engage in oral and anal sex before chastising we in the homosexual community for "going against nature?"
And even though some heterpsexuals partake in these activities, they still get to serve in the military and they still get to marry the person they love.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:34 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
And even though some heterpsexuals partake in these activities, they still get to serve in the military and they still get to marry the person they love.
Well, homosexuals can serve in the military, they're just not allowed to tell anyone about their homosexuality, which in some ways, is worse than being banned completely.

It'll change soon. Word is that Obama will repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" in 2010. He would do it sooner, but he knows how panicky people in this country get about homosexuality. Witness this board.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:39 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmston2 View Post
imo homosexuality is a choice, although i really dnt care that much wut gays do in there spare time(unless its 2 hot gay chicks, then by all means!!) it jus erks me when i see gay guys acting like a chic more than a chic, it also erks me when homo's say stuff like "we are being treated just like african americans", that pisses me off cus i dnt recall gays being stolen away by the thousands, and having to watch a heterosexual person jus doing what ever they want to your gay spouse while you have to contniue plowing the fields,i also dont recall any one lynching gays by the hundreds, or bombing schools and churches where young gay children were killed, or a gang of cowards showing up at your home in the middle of the night in sheets dragging gays out of the house and castrating them and hanging them in front of their children.
Not trying to be rude or offensive but these things actually happen for multiple decades, and if its so inhumane to speak of why did it even happen in the first place
Well, of course you'd see it that way.

It's quite easy to see by your writing style that research and scientific study aren't really all that high on your list of priorities.

Stay in the cave...Plato would be proud.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:58 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmston2 View Post
Judging by your writing skills, it sees like you are still stuck back in those days when all those atrocities happened.

Anyways, in case you didn't know, homosexuals were persecuted by the Nazis with the same hate as Jews and Polish were. Read a bit and inform yourself buddy.

History of gay men in Nazi Germany and the Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-25-2008, 07:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes it can. The definition of "normal" sometimes depends on the individual, and even then, the individual may have several definitions of what it considered "normal".
"Normal" is what is right for you.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:54 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,079 times
Post wins for failing...
How many people actually believe that it is for procreation only?

Old 11-25-2008, 08:51 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Default If Sex is Only For Procreation, Then Why Do Most Straights Engage in Oral Sex?

Um, because it feels good?
why do male dogs lick their own testacles?

Old 11-25-2008, 08:53 AM

479 posts, read 1,442,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Um, because it feels good?
LOL it sure does.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
LOL it sure does.
I thought it was to trick each other into marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies