Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 01:12 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

Since this political forum is now little more than a gay-related circus (it's amazing how obsessed heterosexuals are with the LGBT community), I decided this must be the best place for me to put myself out there on the market! I'm very freshly out of a long-term, long-distance relationship and would like to show a special person just how big my heart truly is (when I'm not clubbing a neo-con over the head, of course! ) I have a stable job, a passion for music, love sports, am in great shape, and am quite the groovy dancer! Any takers?

NOTE: In case you didn't realize it by now that prior paragraph was all my cynical side coming out. I just wanted to show everyone just how "gay" this politics forum is becoming. For a nation that is supposedly homophobic, there certainly are a PLETHORA of heterosexuals starting gay-oriented discussions here on City-Data in recent weeks, aren't there? Perhaps it is time for an LGBT Issues sub-forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 01:15 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I know, it has been a "gay circus" around here lately, probably because of the Prop 8 fiasco (along with other voting results)... oh well, I feel right at home now!

As for your plea, I know some very nice guys for you - but SF to Scranton might be a bit too long-distance, LOL. If you ever get your arse out here, I have a few possible dates for ya.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:18 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I know, it has been a "gay circus" around here lately, probably because of the Prop 8 fiasco (along with other voting results)... oh well, I feel right at home now!

As for your plea, I know some very nice guys for you - but SF to Scranton might be a bit too long-distance, LOL. If you ever get your arse out here, I have a few possible dates for ya.
Thanks, Gizmo! I know some great single straight guys around here as well that might fit your bill (unless early-twenties guys aren't your cup of tea?) You (or TNHillTopper) should feel free to close this thread as soon as it gets out of hand. I was just trying to get a laugh or two out of people from what has otherwise become a brou-ha-ha between the right-wing vs. the left-wing, the gays vs. the straights, the neo-cons vs. the liberal wack-jobs, etc. in regards to all of these "gay" threads popping up left and right.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:25 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
its all good, maybe if we get our own corner of the politics thread.. we can make some popcorn and all sit around and watch episodes of Margaret Cho. and make fun of the breeders and all their nonsense...

Old 11-27-2008, 01:26 AM

Yeah, it is getting a bit ridiculous... but this (any) forum has always had a plethora of *insert group* vs. *insert group* silliness, which is why I usually stick to the less controversial areas of this site.

P.S. Did you see my shiny new badge? Thanks for helping me get it! It's so much less cluttered than all those dots, so I'm pretty happy - LOL.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Thanks, Gizmo! I know some great single straight guys around here as well that might fit your bill (unless early-twenties guys aren't your cup of tea?)
Well, that is a bit young for me... but the older I get, the more appealing a 20-something year-old looks.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
its all good, maybe if we get our own corner of the politics thread.. we can make some popcorn and all sit around and watch episodes of Margaret Cho. and make fun of the breeders and all their nonsense...
Awesome! I love Margaret Cho! If you don't mind a straight girl (me) butting in on the fun, that is......

Old 11-27-2008, 02:56 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Since this political forum is now little more than a gay-related circus (it's amazing how obsessed heterosexuals are with the LGBT community), I decided this must be the best place for me to put myself out there on the market! I'm very freshly out of a long-term, long-distance relationship and would like to show a special person just how big my heart truly is (when I'm not clubbing a neo-con over the head, of course! ) I have a stable job, a passion for music, love sports, am in great shape, and am quite the groovy dancer! Any takers?

NOTE: In case you didn't realize it by now that prior paragraph was all my cynical side coming out. I just wanted to show everyone just how "gay" this politics forum is becoming. For a nation that is supposedly homophobic, there certainly are a PLETHORA of heterosexuals starting gay-oriented discussions here on City-Data in recent weeks, aren't there? Perhaps it is time for an LGBT Issues sub-forum?

Sure,what the hell, I'll got out with you....are you a guy or a girl?

A little about me: I like to read, lift weights, post frequently on a wide variety of forums, tivo Oprah, talk about myself in the third person, and usually set aside 3-4 hours a day to contemplate my greatness.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:18 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Can you buzz off please, I'm trying to get a date!

Old 11-27-2008, 08:39 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Scran, you did not say whether you are biologically male of female. That would make a difference, to some of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies