Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:58 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
Since when does the dog disobey its master like that? Or was it the other way around?

It's hard to tell most times who really holds the leash on who.

Both Israel and USA have to do what is good for them.

Problem is our troops are next door to Iran and easy reach for Iran aircraft and rockets .

Thus we do not want Israel striking Iran esp with roughly half of Iraq population supporting Iran . Things can get ugly for us real fast . I imagine this is why we never hit Iran ourselves.

Israel if they feel they can no longer wait esp another 3 yrs for us to leave Iraq (I doubt we are leaving in 3 yrs) will strike soon enough but it seems like they truly rather not as they dont give warning when they do.

I have no idea if Iran is a threat to Israel or will be soon but I imagine if they are thats the scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 05:11 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
Does Israel need U.S. consent to defend itself?

Old 12-04-2008, 05:16 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
If they do it will be before Obama gets in office, and because they know they keep getting billions in aid from US.
from taxpayers pockets, we ve been bailing out isreal for years

Old 12-04-2008, 05:17 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
why not, american politicians are always critical of other countries who use military action

but yet other countries cannot do what they have to do against other countries they are in conflict with(american allies)

pfftt

Old 12-04-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post

No and they know the UN is useless .

However does Iran need anyones permission to seek nuke weapons esp if Israel has it also.
Thus is Israel defending itself by striking a country which has not hit them?

If I was Israel I would strike as no way would I allow Iran to have nukes but if I was Iran I would move fast to get nukes without the loud attention getting bravado they show.

This is one of the things where each country is doing what they have to do.
I prefer Israel strike Iran a inflict real pain rather than Iran get the ability for nukes they want which is one of many reasons I want out of Iraq NOW.

Remove the buffer Iran now has.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Does anyone out there actually think that Israel would launch any kind of military strike against Iran without deliberate provocation? The US likes to go marching off into wars without justification--the way we did in Iraq, by coincidence. Israel, being about the relative size of New Jersey and with much more at stake, is and has to be a lot more circumspect.

Now, if Israel wanted to do some good for the western world, it could launch a pre-emptive strike against Fox News. But short of that, consciously starting a war with Iran is fairly unlikely.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Does anyone out there actually think that Israel would launch any kind of military strike against Iran without deliberate provocation? The US likes to go marching off into wars without justification--the way we did in Iraq, by coincidence. Israel, being about the relative size of New Jersey and with much more at stake, is and has to be a lot more circumspect.

Now, if Israel wanted to do some good for the western world, it could launch a pre-emptive strike against Fox News. But short of that, consciously starting a war with Iran is fairly unlikely.

What are you talking about Israel striked Iran yrs ago and recently hit Syria for the reasons stated above.

They will do it again.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:38 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Nobody should forget that Fox is controlled by Rupert Murdoch, master of the New York Post...a paper that has lowered itself (since he bought it) to the same level as the National Enquirer. "News" does not exist in the precincts of Fox. Neither do such wild concepts as "facts," "research," and "objectivity."
ALL TRUE!!

Old 12-05-2008, 05:32 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's sabre rattling. When Israel attacks, they don't announce it ahead of time.
Cats already out of the bag anyways. Everyone involved has been talking about it for years. Based on his track record so far, I wouldn't be too surprised if Obama authorizes a joint military strike that nobody sees coming. We may even go solo just to keep things uncomplicated.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I would like to see a strike against the warmongers in Tel Aviv and Georgetown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies