Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,368 times

Advertisements

Community colleges have a much higher percentage of blacks than "good" schools. That's a fact. As for generational wealth having effect on getting a job outside of whatever your parents did, it sure as hell does. Those parents have been indoctrinating there children on how to succeed in a blue or white collar environment sense birth and giving them jewels that poor people simply don't know about.

It's like if your dad was an accountant are you going to be able to go to the hood an sell coke on the corner an be able to make any money? Of course not.
On the other hand if your father was a career criminal that taught you all about street game from a young age are you going to be able to move to a different city and set up shop on almost any corner an make some money in the drug trade? Well until you get locked up or shot you will probably be banking because you inside information on what it takes to succeed in any hustling field, cause that was being ingrained into your brain while the accountants kid was being sheltered from it.

In many ways people from poor backgrounds and families are sheltered to the realities of this world too. There sheltered from the professional world and even many times what it takes to even get a menial job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 01:14 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Just like an alcoholic's addiction?

Cold Turkey just like that?

Let me google that for you

stuff white people do: think that racism is dead
That blog in and of itself is racist.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Community colleges have a much higher percentage of blacks than "good" schools. That's a fact. As for generational wealth having effect on getting a job outside of whatever your parents did, it sure as hell does. Those parents have been indoctrinating there children on how to succeed in a blue or white collar environment sense birth and giving them jewels that poor people simply don't know about.

It's like if your dad was an accountant are you going to be able to go to the hood an sell coke on the corner an be able to make any money? Of course not.
On the other hand if your father was a career criminal that taught you all about street game from a young age are you going to be able to move to a different city and set up shop on almost any corner an make some money in the drug trade? Well until you get locked up or shot you will probably be banking because you inside information on what it takes to succeed in any hustling field, cause that was being ingrained into your brain while the accountants kid was being sheltered from it.

In many ways people from poor backgrounds and families are sheltered to the realities of this world too. There sheltered from the professional world and even many times what it takes to even get a menial job.

This is true.

However, many people who are not the sons or daughters of criminals are still blocked out of certain careers.

I had no idea we were talking about dropouts though. I wanted to compare Bachelor degree level people with Bachelor degree level people.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:21 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,679 times
Quote:
I'm honestly surprised the disparity isn't much larger. If you have friends from many different racial & economic backgrounds or your from a very diverse neighborhood like me I don't know how you can honestly think the disparity is racial with rates not even double.
Um, actually I have many friends of different racial and economic backgrounds as well as in my neighborhood. See it like this, college educated white people have lower unemployment rates than college educated people of other races. Black people have higher unemployment rates than any other race. Fact.

Quote:
Most 16 year old white kids have been taught more about how to succeed in the professional world and gain employment than most black college graduates.
What? How the hell can you make such a stupid statement? I'm going to need to see some solid facts about that. Wow. That's just wow.

Quote:
Even though I was raised with a typical hood mentality and from a very poor family, I was lucky to have mentors not from the hood who went to ivy league schools, and who had climbed the corporate ladder take me under there wing and treat me like a son teaching me what they know.

The difference between the two cultures and whats known about the business world or even conduct for meetings and interviews will blow your mind if you are fully exposed to both sides.

White men simply know how to get over better when it comes to jobs and college.
Black men on the other hand simply know how to get over better when it comes to hustling or talking to women.

It has to do with how they were raised and the lessons they learned from elders.
Sigh......

Quote:
Also isn't college a loose term? Community colleges are majority black, and major universities and ivy league schools are majority white.

Are you really gonna hire a white dude who has a degree from a community college before you hire a black dude who went to Cal State or vice versa?
Um the study was with Bachelor Degrees or Higher, which means that the person had to at least earn a Bachelor's degree from a four year university or college. You can't get that from a community college. Also most community colleges aren't majority black. I mean we are only about 13% of the population.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
That blog in and of itself is racist.
Ok, but I have a hard time believing a long standing institution can die in less than 70 years when it's been alive for over 700.

Really, just look at Donald Trump's words.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...obama-get.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...all-other.html

This from someone who has problems with math.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
I was doing some research on the topic of unemployment and I read that during the last two recessions (the Bush #1 Recession of the early 1990s and the Bush #2 Recession of 2001-2002 and the current Bush #2 Recession of 2007-?, the unemployment rate for white college educated men never got over 3.5%. The boom unemployment rate is usually about 2.5%, so according to these stats the recessions have had a limited impact on college educated white men, which I am.

Much of the current increase in unemployment is due to the huge decrease in the construction and manufacturing industries, which has limited impact on the college educated white people.

What the future will bring for us is unknown though.
Bush 1 mostake was to do as Obama wants and raise taxes.Even then alot better economy than under Obama and much less spending on debt.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bush 1 mostake was to do as Obama wants and raise taxes.Even then alot better economy than under Obama and much less spending on debt.

So the war & Rebuilding of Iraq was all within Budget?

Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
This is true.

However, many people who are not the sons or daughters of criminals are still blocked out of certain careers.

I had no idea we were talking about dropouts though. I wanted to compare Bachelor degree level people with Bachelor degree level people.
My stats were comparing the two. i don't know what he is talking about. Also if you go with less and less education, the statistics for black people get more skewed in relationship to the other races.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
My stats were comparing the two. i don't know what he is talking about. Also if you go with less and less education, the statistics for black people get more skewed in relationship to the other races.

Yeah, but I only want to compare those who were educated to a certain degree and above.

If you talk about those with less, they will argue, "of course, they should get a better education and more training".

Then when the President borrows money for Job Training programs, there are complaints from those like Neal Boortz and when the Education is attained, you get the last 3 pages of this thread.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,332 times
I'm a white hispanic. Which unemployment rate do I fall under?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies