Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The Bush Administration were "not" saying the exact opposite. They simply refused to say "anything" in response to Clarke's accusations. Instead of responding to the actual accusations, they chose to attack Clarke himself. Read the full transcript in the link provided in the original post.

As Clarke and other previous administration officials have admitted, when you serve a president, you do not go against the administration's directives while in office. So everyone in the Bush Administration were directed to say the exact same thing.

The exact same thing recently happened to Bush's former press secretary Scott McClellan, after he wrote his book. Everyone in the White House "parroted" the same exact phases when interviewed by journalists.
So then 9/11 is really Bush's fault. Gotcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
I've read Richard Clarke's book "Against All Enemies", and have seen him interviewed many times on TV.

In my opinion, Clarke was the only person in the Bush Administration who told the truth about 9/11. The rest of the administration did everything they could to cover it up.

Clarke had served for 30 years in government, and worked for every president since Ronald Reagan. He was not a politician or affiliated with any party. He simply considered himself a civil servant.

Absolutely right. As far as the neocons having prior knowledge, I'm certain these warmongers were not caught off guard by 9/11. The particulars of the attack they might not have known, but they knew an attack was coming. And they IMMEDIATELY, on day number one, linked Saddam Hussein to this attack without a shred of evidence.

This type of deviousness is fairly typical of this entire administration, and I'm fairly sure they not only expected an attack like this but considered it necessary to attack Iraq

Old 12-10-2008, 08:42 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
The question is, why did Bush try so hard to keep 9/11 from being fully investigated?

If Bush had nothing to hide, he would have allowed the investigation to begin immediately.

Instead, Bush waited 18 months to start the investigation, after being pressured by families of the 9/11 victims.

Bush also initially allocated a ridiculously little amount of money for the investigation ($3 million), and later had to raise it substantially.

There were way too many questions concerning Bush that were completely ignored by the 9/11 Commission.

Why did Bush and Cheney testify together, and prevent Congress from recording and taking notes of any sort? Why was none of their testimony made public?

Why did both Bush and Cheney contact Tom Dashchle shortly after 9/11, and ask him to "limit" the Senate probes into 9/11?
Yeah, just WHY to all of this?

Old 12-10-2008, 08:44 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
So then 9/11 is really Bush's fault. Gotcha.
I believe Bush did everything possible to prevent a full investigation into his administration's involvement in 9/11.

You can draw whatever conclusions you want.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:47 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
I believe Bush did everything possible to prevent a full investigation into his administration's involvement in 9/11.

I think this goes without saying.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:

I already have. Thanks.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I think this goes without saying.
Then won't it be great when our newly elected Democrat-controlled Executive & Legislative Branches do full investigations into this?

By this time next year they danged well better have found out undeniable evidence, as a result of in-depth investigations.

They have no reason not to - kind of like the Democrat-controlled House has had no reason not to impeach Bush.

So... IF the Democrats do a thorough investigation, and find nothing you're alleging, are you going to stop alleging it?

Old 12-10-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Then won't it be great when our newly elected Democrat-controlled Executive & Legislative Branches do full investigations into this?

By this time next year they danged well better have found out undeniable evidence, as a result of in-depth investigations.

They have no reason not to - kind of like the Democrat-controlled House has had no reason not to impeach Bush.

So... IF the Democrats do a thorough investigation, and find nothing you're alleging, are you going to stop alleging it?
I am completely in favor of a new, more thorough investigation into 9/11.

Hopefully the Democrats will consider doing so.

If they ask the right questions, and Bush proves he had nothing to hide, and acted responsibly before, during, and after 9/11, then I will accept the outcome.

The problem has always been that Bush (and co.) simply refused to provide information and answer relevant questions. They "stonewalled" the 9/11 Commission every chance they got.

However, my feeling is Congress is not going to re-open the investigation at this time. With all of our other existing problems, they are going to say that the country can't handle another major crisis at this time.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
There is absolutely no reason - NONE - for "another" investigation about 9/11.

Case closed

Old 12-11-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There is absolutely no reason - NONE - for "another" investigation about 9/11.

Case closed
No reason ... if you are willing to accept the original investigation, which ignored many of the facts, had event timelines which were changed, left many important questions unanswered, and decided from the start of the investigation that no fingers would be pointed at anyone, including the entire Bush Administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies