Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2008, 01:43 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times

Advertisements

The ones with the rings in the noses have been rope-a-doped! I love it!

Quote:
Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Global Warming Rope-a-Dope
by Walter E. Williams

Americans have been rope-a-doped into believing that global warming is going to destroy our planet.

<snip>

The global warming scare has provided a field day for politicians and others who wish to control our lives.
Heck, this guy is an economist and can see through the fog, why can't the rope-a-dopes? Rope-a-dopes, damned good title for them what will believe only the negatives, huh? Thank you Cassius Marcellus Clay (aka Muhammad Ali)!

Walter E. Williams : Global Warming Rope-a-Dope - Townhall.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 01:47 PM

709 posts, read 1,498,669 times
Anthropogenic global warming is mass hysteria, and our descendants will laugh at us as we can laugh at any other doomsday predictions, like the one where we're supposed to be having an ice-age by year 2000, with NYC buried deep under ice... Luddites have been making up "the sky is falling" excuses since the dawn of the industrial revolution. They have political aims, and they've been shopping around for scientists to back them. Sadly, with science becoming ever more socialized, now time has come to use this mass hysteria to get what they want: complete regulation of all economic activity, and a powerful world government from which there's no escape!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:53 PM

241 posts, read 435,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
All of the following are also experiencing signs of global warming:

Jupiter
Neptune
Triton (Neptune's largest Moon)
Enceladus (moon of Saturn)
Saturn
Pluto
Mars

There's probably a connection - I just don't think it's our SUVs.
Hmmm....and no source or link.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
All of the following are also experiencing signs of global warming:

Jupiter
Neptune
Triton (Neptune's largest Moon)
Enceladus (moon of Saturn)
Saturn
Pluto
Mars

There's probably a connection - I just don't think it's our SUVs.
Gee, what do all these have in common? It's tickling my brain - wait, it's coming, it's coming!

Could this possibly be it?

Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
You've got to be kidding yourself, ya know? But first;

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- NOAA's Ark (http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=314842335792193 - broken link)

I'll only say this: There may be, in fact, global warming, but it ain't gone happen tomorrow! Or next year! Maybe in a decade, maybe in a century, but not anytime soon.

So, all y'all living in fear of dying from the heat, heck, just move north. Granted, you may end up living at the North Pole, or even the South Pole, if you live another millenia or two, but I don't think so. Really, get a grip, folks! The Earth is its own furnace, heating and cooling daily.

I believe that humans are polluting the environment, yes. To the extent that it is causing this Global Warming catastrophe? It's highly unlikely.

That said, should we do everything possible to save the environment? Yes, absolutely!

Old 12-24-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gee, what do all these have in common? It's tickling my brain - wait, it's coming, it's coming!

Could this possibly be it?
That looks like what I left in the stool last night, after eating Hot n Spicy Beef Jerky all day.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
That looks like what I left in the stool last night, after eating Hot n Spicy Beef Jerky all day.
Thanks. I could have lived without that image though.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:23 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Simple original question with a lot of adhominan since.....back to the topic.
Nope.......................

Old 12-24-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Simple original question with a lot of adhominan since.....back to the topic.
Nope.......................
Simple answer - given about 3 posts back.

Nope, I don't believe in the RELIGION of Global Warming. I do not think that they warming cycle we are currently in is caused by humans.

However, that does not excuse us and give us license to pollute and destroy the environment.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:49 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Simple answer - given about 3 posts back.

Nope, I don't believe in the RELIGION of Global Warming. I do not think that they warming cycle we are currently in is caused by humans.

However, that does not excuse us and give us license to pollute and destroy the environment.
No you left a stool sample......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies