Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You can claim all you like - your posts tell a different story, as well as your little status quote.

A lot of people other than the very religious voted to ban gay marriage - find another scape goat.
It is a fake holiday in my eyes. So...what is your problem?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Seriously, there have already been like three people today that simply do not read and they all happen to be like..you! Big surprise!!!
Or could it be that said people DO read, and DO comprehend?

Maybe your true feelings are showing through far more clearly than you'd like to think.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Again, from the OP:

Christmas Day was this year for the first time declared an official holiday in Iraq.
So ****ing what?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
So ****ing what?
Sheesh. Remedial Reading, here we come.

The OP is talking about Christmas being an official holiday - FOR THE FIRST TIME - this year.

The OP was NOT saying that there were no Christians in Iraq previous to this years.

What, about that, do you still fail to understand?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:25 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
So ****ing what?
Exactly. It is time we stopped playing world police and worry about our country.

As McCain put it, "Country First". I am sure the Republicans meant "Iraq first".

Old 12-25-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
The OP is talking about Christmas being an official holiday - FOR THE FIRST TIME - this year.
It's really telling, but very consistent, that you attach so much importance to this. Christians are so insecure that they need to extort a government endorsement in order to feel all right. And apparently, getting one outweighs the exodus of actual Christians that's taken place in Iraq. And you wonder why people think Christians have a vile value system.

Quote:
The OP was NOT saying that there were no Christians in Iraq previous to this years.
Point out where I say it did. (reading comprehension indeed.) But both the OP and other dim lights claimed Christians were persecuted until we invaded, when the truth is closer to the direct opposite. (Did you skim over those posts? Because I thought some of them were yours.)

Old 12-25-2008, 10:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Sheesh. Remedial Reading, here we come.

What, about that, do you still fail to understand?
Why do you bother with that poster? The List makes it so much easier, trust me.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
It's really telling, but very consistent, that you attach so much importance to this. Christians are so insecure that they need to extort a government endorsement in order to feel all right. And apparently, getting one outweighs the exodus of actual Christians that's taken place in Iraq. And you wonder why people think Christians have a vile value system.

I didn't say it did. But both the OP and other dim lights claimed they were persecuted until we invaded, when the truth is closer to the direct opposite. (Did you skim over those posts? Because I thought some of them were yours.)
So you finally read it. Goody for you!

But you still fail to understand, and you keep digging your hole deeper. I've not said anything about celebrating some "Christian victory - woohoo!!!!"

And I'm not the one who is lying about what the OP is about, am I? Nor was I ever saying that Saddam was a religious leader, was I?

Furthermore, I'm not the person who has been crybabying about how the Christmas holiday, in the United States, is unfair and discriminatory. I'm the one who has been saying that we should do away with all paid holidays in the United States.

All your little swearing won't cover the fact that you're on the wrong track.

So how 'bout you play a little game called, "Stop claiming that people are saying things they're not saying"?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why do you bother with that poster? The List makes it so much easier, trust me.
One word: Entertainment.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
But you still fail to understand, and you keep digging your hole deeper. I've not said anything about celebrating some "Christian victory - woohoo!!!!"

And I'm not the one who is lying about what the OP is about, am I? Nor was I ever saying that Saddam was a religious leader, was I?

So how 'bout you play a little game called, "Stop claiming that people are saying things they're not saying"?
No, how about you take your own advice?

Both the OP(sanrene), connie, and a few others made ignorant, demonstrably false statements about alleged Christian persecution in Iraq under the antebellum regime. I thought you were one of them, but I never directed any of my initial responses to you, so I owe you no apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies