Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:50 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,031,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No monopolopys or jalopopys...nope, the christians do their share!
Yeah ... spell checker would have been nice before I posted my last comment. LOL! Thanks for the unintended laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 12:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Would Jesus have worked at Lowes? Would Jesus have known how to run a scanner? Would Jesus driven a car or taken public transit?
Are you able to follow a train of thought?

Old 12-27-2008, 12:52 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are you able to follow a train of thought?
Are you?

The question, "Would Jesus have worn the pin" is stupid. Why? Because not only can you not answer it, you're using it as a thinly veiled attempt at making some irrelevant point.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:52 PM

273 posts, read 343,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you think Jesus would have worn such a pin? Do you think Jesus would blab to the press about how he was fired for wearing such a Pin?

If Christians want to convince the world, they have to first be likable.
K, I am no expert on jesus, but I think he might be busy overturning tables at the starbucks in megachurches, and giving sermons against the prosperity gospel. But that is just my crazy imagination.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
Quote:
Are you?

The question, "Would Jesus have worn the pin" is stupid. Why? Because not only can you not answer it, you're using it as a thinly veiled attempt at making some irrelevant point.
"""not only can you not answer it, you're using it as a thinly veiled attempt at making some irrelevant point.""

Speaks the expert

Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Are you?

Actually ... I think the Bible gives us enough insight into how Jesus would act and I seriously doubt that He would wear such a pin.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
K, I am no expert on jesus, but I think he might be busy overturning tables at the starbucks in megachurches, and giving sermons against the prosperity gospel. But that is just my crazy imagination.
True ...

Old 12-27-2008, 12:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times
Quote:
Are you?

Matthew 10:11-15

11"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. 12As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. 15I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times
Quote:
Yes, yes, yes... I'm fully aware of the historic background of the X.

I'm also not naive enough to NOT be able to pick up on the seething hatred of certain members of this forum - including you. You people are far too transparent, despite how clever you think you're being.
"seething hatred" sounds like some old pulp fiction magazine How DRAMATIC!!!!

Nope, no seething hatred....just some facts, and having fun watching some christians get all het up about a pin and their horrible persecution because of it!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:03 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,649,903 times
If it had been a Christmas tree, Santa Claus, or even the Virgin Mary I would have been on her side, but the way her pin was worded seemed to be begging for confrontation. The pin seemed to be more of a rant IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies