Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,193,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Good to know. I was debating on where to buy my washer/dryer, now I will stay away from Lowe's. And write them a little note......
OOOoooh! They are wounDED!

So you think employees can ignore store( or any employer) policies and promote religion???? You want to dictate to privately owned stores and businesses WHAT their rules are? Force them to promote religion?
Don't you have a church you can go to for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 09:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,335,015 times
Another thing about her button, it was blasphemy. She used her god's name in a negative manner.
Would the xian god really think that was a good idea?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:37 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,662,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OOOoooh! They are wounDED!

So you think employees can ignore store( or any employer) policies and promote religion???? You want to dictate to privately owned stores and businesses WHAT their rules are? Force them to promote religion?
Don't you have a church you can go to for that?

Whew....once again wading through the hyperbole.... As someone here wisely commented, you cannot always separate religion from culture. For those of us who are Americans and know any bit of history, we know this country has a strong Judeo Christian background filled with tradition(s). The problem now arising, and I believe the cause for the huge schism in our society is due to the belief that mulitculturalism with all its varied beliefs and traditions can now come in and take place peacefully side by side with Judeo Christian beliefs. Not sure just when the "switcheroo" took place, but has had its deleterious effects for sure. Of course this would not have been an issue 20, 30 years ago as we all would have basically been sympatico with a little religious badge on a sweater. But the leftists have gotten a stronghold on the media, education, politics, our chidren, the weaker minded, etc. and are hellbent on changing our once stable society into a hodge podge of "beliefs". Hence the schism.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,132,115 times
Quote:
Whew....once again wading through the hyperbole....
And then you proceed to write:

Quote:
But the leftists have gotten a stronghold on the media, education, politics, our chidren, the weaker minded, etc. and are hellbent on changing our once stable society into a hodge podge of "beliefs". Hence the schism.
Pot meet kettle.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:44 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,662,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And then you proceed to write:

Pot meet kettle.

Maybe you could state an opinion instead of a worn out anecdote.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Whew....once again wading through the hyperbole.... As someone here wisely commented, you cannot always separate religion from culture. For those of us who are Americans and know any bit of history, we know this country has a strong Judeo Christian background filled with tradition(s). The problem now arising, and I believe the cause for the huge schism in our society is due to the belief that mulitculturalism with all its varied beliefs and traditions can now come in and take place peacefully side by side with Judeo Christian beliefs. Not sure just when the "switcheroo" took place, but has had its deleterious effects for sure. Of course this would not have been an issue 20, 30 years ago as we all would have basically been sympatico with a little religious badge on a sweater. But the leftists have gotten a stronghold on the media, education, politics, our chidren, the weaker minded, etc. and are hellbent on changing our once stable society into a hodge podge of "beliefs". Hence the schism.
Well you are obviously no stranger to hyperbole.

Multiculturism COULD come in peacefully if christians let it...

Yes, the "effects" have been telling christians that they do NOT rule America...it belongs to ALL it's citizens...

Hyperbole Hilarity...
"" our once stable society into a hodge podge of "beliefs". Hence the schism.""

LOL! WHEN has our society ever been stable???LOL!!!

You don't like a "hodge podge of beliefs"??
So you would LOVE Communism and Fascism.....are you going to promote them next???

Old 12-27-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Another thing about her button, it was blasphemy. She used her god's name in a negative manner.
Ya know, fellow aging hippie, I have long wondered about that..
christians use of god on money, at car races, on pins,etc. It always looked so disrespectful, almost blasphemous, to USE their god as a commercial, promotional prop....

Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 AM

5,169 posts, read 11,457,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
EXACTLY! It wasn't just a little "have a very Christmas" pin...

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,661,139 times
Why is it when I say "oh for christs sake!" on these forums or irl I get blasted by the religious for being either disrespectful and/or using a curse word.

This bimbo had it emblazoned on a pin (and not very artistically either - it looks like she scrawled it in crayon) where any child could read it, and suddenly she is the last defender of Christmas against the pagan horde.
Jesus H Christ! (bet you didn't know I knew his middle initial, did you? My dad told me that years ago)
Anyhoo -- now that I know that Christians are not only not offended by the use of their gods name in vain, but they actually encourage it I'll be sure to use it more often in my postings.
Thanks for the heads up!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:38 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,227,349 times
Blasphemy is claiming to be God.

I don't think this lady's pin could - in any way - be construed as blasphemy, regardless of how much the religion-haters want it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies