Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:45 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Posts like this are doing further dividing, not the far right. You are divisive by your very nature, so should I take whatever you are (probably a lefty) and stereotype all lefties because of you?

go right on ahead, but im not a lefty for your info. my post isnt divisive i was stating something that is in thin air
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
And far left democrats are exempt from dividing us?
actually no, but since there is a democrat whos gonna be in office soon, well look around you, while obama is actually trying to bring pepople together the bitterness of the losing end(not mccain) is still playing dirty, thus why mccain said what he said lately

Old 12-28-2008, 05:51 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
So you don't approve of gay marriages?
Durrr?

I am pretty sure the Catholic position on gay marriage is pretty well known in America. So I would hope you would have caught that.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:05 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
Heated? C'mon, have you seen the Ukrainian parliament?

American partisan politics feel faker than pro wrestling, and about as relevant and intellectually-stimulating.
Heh, no.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
actually no, but since there is a democrat whos gonna be in office soon, well look around you, while obama is actually trying to bring pepople together the bitterness of the losing end(not mccain) is still playing dirty, thus why mccain said what he said lately
I guess you haven't read many of the divisive postings by some democrats on CD lately then. It works both ways. Many are saying that the republicans are sore losers and that's true for many. Judging from many of the postings on CD, there are lots of sore winners out there who are being totally obnoxious about the fact that Obama won. I bet even Obama would be ashamed of these antics as they demonstrate a lack of class.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I guess you haven't read many of the divisive postings by some democrats on CD lately then. It works both ways. Many are saying that the republicans are sore losers and that's true for many. Judging from many of the postings on CD, there are lots of sore winners out there who are being totally obnoxious about the fact that Obama won. I bet even Obama would be ashamed of these antics as they demonstrate a lack of class.
i couldnt agree more but many divisive post are in fact replies and not wacky outlandish statements.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:30 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
It isn't democrats I 'hate', it is liberals I dislike. I am a Catholic, and ardently pro-life, and my biggest voting issue is the pro-life issue. I could never vote for a liberal who supports such a position.

It just so happens that most democrats that run for office are anti-life, so I could never bring myself to support such an issue. I wouldn't even think Obama would be that bad of a president if he was pro-life, I'd probably even consider voting for him. But the life issue is too big for me.

Not to say I'm satisfied with the 'conservatives' we put up. Many of them are phony. John McCain himself used to be anti-life.
Oh please!!!

"Anti life" LOL!!! It is pro choice!

Why do you base your vote on pro life issues? No president will ever ban abortion even if he/she is pro life. It will never go away. Might as well vote on other more important things that can be helped. Abortion will never go away if you vote pro life or "anti life".

Old 12-28-2008, 11:31 PM

20,327 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
good luck with that far right republicans are doin nothing but further dividing
Pot, meet kettle.

You did do that on purpose, didn't you?

Old 12-28-2008, 11:34 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
I never understood why they always have some kind of hate towards each other.
The heated rivalry isn't something that has to be bad.

I've been reading Obama's book, "The Audacity of Hope". He writes about talking with an old Senator who was wistfully reminiscing about the "good old days" when the Dems & Repubs would fight like cats & dogs on the floor, then go out for Steaks & Cigars afterward.

They were fiercely opposed in their ideologies, but respectful of each other.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:34 PM

20,327 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
Heated? C'mon, have you seen the Ukrainian parliament?.

Or how about Taiwan?

Even their WOMEN politicians have thrown fisticuffs and done the hair pulling thing during the gatherings of their legislators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies