Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:33 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,507,962 times

Advertisements

I never understood why they always have some kind of hate towards each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 04:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,040,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
It's because of the extremes in both parties which clash with each other. I personally feel we need to put aside political partisanship and work together to find solutions to the problems facing our nation today ... Problems that both parties had a hand in contributing towards.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:46 PM

709 posts, read 1,499,689 times
Heated? C'mon, have you seen the Ukrainian parliament?

American partisan politics feel faker than pro wrestling, and about as relevant and intellectually-stimulating.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
It's also due to closed-mindedness and feelings of political superiority over the other party.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:59 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,462,384 times
Quote:
It isn't democrats I 'hate', it is liberals I dislike. I am a Catholic, and ardently pro-life, and my biggest voting issue is the pro-life issue. I could never vote for a liberal who supports such a position.

It just so happens that most democrats that run for office are anti-life, so I could never bring myself to support such an issue. I wouldn't even think Obama would be that bad of a president if he was pro-life, I'd probably even consider voting for him. But the life issue is too big for me.

Not to say I'm satisfied with the 'conservatives' we put up. Many of them are phony. John McCain himself used to be anti-life.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:02 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,501,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
It's also due to closed-mindedness and feelings of political superiority over the other party.
It could be that as much of the bitterness of the right comes from feelings of inferiority as superiority...

Old 12-28-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
It isn't democrats I 'hate', it is liberals I dislike. I am a Catholic, and ardently pro-life, and my biggest voting issue is the pro-life issue. I could never vote for a liberal who supports such a position.

It just so happens that most democrats that run for office are anti-life, so I could never bring myself to support such an issue. I wouldn't even think Obama would be that bad of a president if he was pro-life, I'd probably even consider voting for him. But the life issue is too big for me.

Not to say I'm satisfied with the 'conservatives' we put up. Many of them are phony. John McCain himself used to be anti-life.
Unfortunately, I think the Republicans only play lip service to the conservative Christian/Catholic base and the Democrats frequently trample over us. I trully don't feel that any of the two parties actually represent ME. We really need viable third party alternatives in this country for sure.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:05 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,025 times
Quote:
It's because each party has different ideologies. I would never vote republican, I don't enjoy the way they are, simple as that.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,462,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Unfortunately, I think the Republicans only play lip service to the conservative Christian/Catholic base and the Democrats frequently trample over us. I trully don't feel that any of the two parties actually represent ME. We really need viable third party alternatives in this country for sure.
Oh, I totally agree. I am completely unsatisfied with the republican party, to be sure. In fact, I tempted myself to vote for Alan Keyes this past election, knowing full well John McCain could never carry Illinois. It was actually painful to vote for John McCain. The thought of Obama becoming president was worse to me though.

I know plenty of pro-life democrats, and I actually side with these people on a lot of issues. Many pro-life democrats are in the house.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:24 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,206,986 times
Quote:
Because as long as people are consumed with an absolutist view one side is right and the other side is wrong, then they will continue to spend more time bickering than doing something about the actual problems. Which is the point if you are a leader or government, as foolish people that aren't paying attention are much easier to govern over than those that are engaged, aware, and informed, which is what every government fears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies