Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 AM

395 posts, read 510,984 times

Advertisements

I don't have any news, and I haven't read the articles about it the last few days, but I've seen the headlines. I just wanted to know (you can sum it up) what were the series of events that took and are taking place over in Israel??

Like from what I THINK I gathered, it sounded like Israel bombed the Gaza strip and then wanted a truce? But Hamas responded..and then that side wanted a truce? Then Israel assassinated somebody? Then wanted a truce?? Is that how it's working? I can't find an article that explains all the series of events that have happened lately. Just broken parts of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 09:08 AM

820 posts, read 1,203,346 times
The Hamas leadership prefer to keep killing and being killed.
The only other option is putting the past 60 years behind and getting a life in the real world.

The Palestinian people deserve better leaders.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:22 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Israel values Jewish life above all else...they treat the Palestinians like trash. They don't bat an eye when their disproportionate response to Hamas aggression causes the deaths of countless civilians and children.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
The Hamas leadership prefer to keep killing and being killed.
The only other option is putting the past 60 years behind and getting a life in the real world.

The Palestinian people deserve better leaders.

Not only does it sound like a biased view, you didn't give me any information. <~~~except upside down

Old 01-01-2009, 09:38 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,234,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnamecanido View Post
I don't have any news, and I haven't read the articles about it the last few days, but I've seen the headlines. I just wanted to know (you can sum it up) what were the series of events that took and are taking place over in Israel??

Like from what I THINK I gathered, it sounded like Israel bombed the Gaza strip and then wanted a truce? But Hamas responded..and then that side wanted a truce? Then Israel assassinated somebody? Then wanted a truce?? Is that how it's working? I can't find an article that explains all the series of events that have happened lately. Just broken parts of it.
Can somebody please explain the current Gaza strip situation..

There's no one easy explanation for current events.

Israel seeks to protect its citizens thereby creating hardships for Palestinians.
Hamas seeks to do harm to Israeli citizens thereby creating hardships for Palestinians.

There's a wealth of information, opinions, judgment, criticism... well, you just have to keep watching, reading and learning to understand the origins, events and goals of the participants.

It's not going to stop.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:44 AM

820 posts, read 1,203,346 times
OK.

[quote=gbear48;6787057

....(Snip for brevity).....
The Palestinian people deserve better leaders.[/quote]

Anybody got a problem with that?

Old 01-01-2009, 09:54 AM

15 posts, read 19,762 times
I think Israel wanna eleminate Gaza strip from the map and build another new country

Old 01-01-2009, 09:58 AM

Is it working the way I said though? Are they each responding with violence towards each other, then asking for a truce afterward?

Old 01-01-2009, 10:09 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnamecanido View Post

I've read it explained as "Israel had to act to stop missile attacks on its cities so it bombed terrorists", and in reality they killed a bunch of women and children. Maybe were lucky enough to hit a few of the terrorists responsible but civilian causalities were definitely the majority of those killed and injured.

Since 1948, Palestinian territory (The Gaza Strip) has slowly shrunk and "security" measures by the Israeli govt. have led to many generations of hopelessness and despair by the Palestinian people. It gives cause to Muslims all over the world who see this as an act of a white, Jewish state to impose its will on a Muslim people by their treatment of them, and ..........voila!.........terrorism is born.

Now, add Iraq to the mix, and its a toxic stew of death. And expect it to continue, war and fear and terrorism are great for business (don't think those who perpetuate this are not also profiting from it)

Hope that helps.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I've read it explained as "Israel had to act to stop missile attacks on its cities so it bombed terrorists", and in reality they killed a bunch of women and children. Maybe were lucky enough to hit a few of the terrorists responsible but civilian causalities were definitely the majority of those killed and injured.

Since 1948, Palestinian territory has slowly shrunk and "security" measures by the Israeli govt. have led to many generations of hopelessness and despair by the Palestinian people. It gives cause to Muslims all over the world who see this as an act of a white, Jewish state to impose its will on a Muslim people by their treatment of them, and ..........voila!.........terrorism is born.

Now, add Iraq to the mix, and its a toxic stew of death. And expect it to continue, war and fear and terrorism are great for business (don't think those who perpetuate this are not also profiting from it)

Hope that helps.
Best response so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies