Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You are right. A generation or two ago, we didn't worry so much about civilians. People forget the hundreds of thousands, on both sides, as London and Berlin were reduced to rubble. Civilians were fair play back then.
Ah, the good ole' days, huh sanrene?

I wonder what your opinion would be if you were on the receiving end. Perhaps just seeing the results of a firestorm and all the bodies melted together would lessen it's appeal. And the scary part is:

What if someone in power with the opportunity to use weapons of mass destruction actually shared your reasoning? I do believe the doomsday clock would be stuck at 23:59:59 until they left or were removed from that responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 07:15 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Yes. The suicide bombers are very deep, complex and smart people.
They dont have to be, actually, its the circumstances that lead to a steady stream of volunteers

Old 01-02-2009, 07:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
understand the complexity of the suicide bomber
Much easier to understand than the left-wing, pacifist drivel from your post.

Talking about the rights of others in the same sentence as understanding the mentality of a homocide bomber is astounding.

What drives these poor little darlings into homocides bombers is the brainwashing and indoctrination of their hate-filled parents and society.

You really should get that terrorist hero-worship that you're afflicted with checked out.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:22 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They dont have to be, actually, its the circumstances that lead to a steady stream of volunteers
The circumstances about being manipulated by their Arab brethren? They have the Gaza and West Bank, as has been pointed out. Why don't they simply stop shelling Israel, and build some farms, universities and industries and live in peace with their neighbors? Do they really think Israel is just going to go away?

Old 01-02-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Much easier to understand than the left-wing, pacifist drivel from your post.
I really wish you'd drop the left-wing bit. I'm left wing and otherwise on your side here.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I wonder what your opinion would be if you were on the receiving end.
I believe that's a question you need to ask yourself. What if YOUR house was being shelled nightly, weekly, monthly? I think you would be singing a different tune. But maybe not - maybe you'd still try to rationalize how "justified" they were.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I really wish you'd drop the left-wing bit. I'm left wing and otherwise on your side here.
I do find it amusing that a conservative such as myself would be on the same side of this issue as quite a few of the lefties on this board. This is probably the only issue where that would be true.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
When did I say I admired them? I was just trying to ask a question.
You may not have said you admire them but you do go out of your way to defend them.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:36 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,755 times
Quote:
The reasoning is pretty straightforward: Your average right wing redneck is not very bright, often racist, and very self indulgent. They dont believe in the rights of others, especially those of a different race and religion.

Atleast rednecks are bright enough not to drink the kool-aid and be brainwashed into believing that if they strap a bomb to themselves and go blow up a public place full of innocent civilians that there will be 70 female virgins in heaven waiting for them.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I do find it amusing that a conservative such as myself would be on the same side of this issue as quite a few of the lefties on this board. This is probably the only issue where that would be true.
Nevertheless, it still proves you're wrong, so kindly knock it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies