Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:40 AM

1,509 posts, read 3,084,255 times

Advertisements

You're presupposing that the truth lies in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No, balanced means just what I wrote, "balanced." As in, "I don't have a dog in this fight." No vested interest one way or another, like I am from another planet vs of National Geographic and I am watching two groups of humans killing each other for no particular discernible reason but I would like to know why. That kind of balanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 AM

47 posts, read 58,317 times
See these terrorists ...which israel killed in Gaza..to get peace

I think you will prideful for your support and your victory

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rael-gaza.html

Old 01-08-2009, 10:44 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We can't seem to find a rational and balanced discussion between the people involved, why should we expect one on the web?
I gave up trying to discuss the issue years ago, so I don't harbor any such expectation. For example, I posted what I thought was a pretty innocuous post only to have Lulu zoom in like a banshee. That was about par for he course.

Quote:
The people of the Middle-East will just have to learn to live together or they will all die together.
I wait until they are both blind and toothless.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 AM

1,509 posts, read 3,084,255 times
If we are discussing apartheid era South Africa, do we need to provide balance and not have a dog in the fight too?
It seems like Mideast conflict is considered special. You mean well, but I don't accept that we have take a neutral "balanced" view of the ME conflict -- it's not really that different from other colonizer/occupier situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No, balanced means just what I wrote, "balanced." As in, "I don't have a dog in this fight." No vested interest one way or another, like I am from another planet vs of National Geographic and I am watching two groups of humans killing each other for no particular discernible reason but I would like to know why. That kind of balanced.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:48 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
After far too many years of nonsense in the region I've come to the conclusion that I support America and we have more than enough problems of our own to contend with. The people of the Middle-East will just have to learn to live together or they will all die together.
The problem is America is being dragged whether it likes it or not..thanks to its leaders

Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
It would seems that us crazy idealistic tin foil hat wearing peacenicks won't ever make press, because in the press, if it bleeds it leads and everything else is on page 14 in small print. While many of the people may not want war or support terrorism, the problem is that it isn't the people who decide, it is their leadership. No poor fool on a farm wants war, only those with interest in selling the tools of death or who expect to benefit and profit from it, desire war. Well, there are those primitive savage types who seem to get their jollies at human carnage.

Yes, I'm well aware that no matter what takes place, the onus is on the Palestinians to create the peace. Israel is not nor will it ever be required to give or concede anything.

This set of facts are some of the most ridiculous assertions in the context presented that I have seen to date. I might post it for information but I certainly would be proud of it.

Ok, so why are they the most persecuted? Is there a reason why out of all the people on planet earth, every other human being sees a Jew and is suddenly filled with a desire to hate and persecute them? While I realize Jews have been scapegoats for many,does anyone ask why?
Why don't you tell us why?

Quote:
Yup, and there is still no Palestinians state after the creation of Israel. That should teach them huh. Those poor poor Israelis got that crappy country in land no one wanted, well other than the people that were already living there, but they don't count anyway, silly people.

(etc., etc., etc.)

Israel withdrew from Gaza to redeploy in the West Bank since it didn't have the capacity to occupy both in substantial numbers for any great length of time. How dare those evil desert dwellers show their gratitude for being occupied by a powerful military force by firing back! Geeze, don't they realize that they will be flogged until moral improves, wash, rinse, repeat. Again, the inherent problem with that chicken and the egg thing and until someone digs up the bones of Habib and Seth or whomever threw the first stone 2500 years ago, this one will never end.

Yeah, that some pretty disgusting statements, just as disgusting as this one: “I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him.†-Ariel Sharon, former PM of Israel

or this one

“Everybody has to move; run and grab as many hilltops as they can to enlarge the settlements, because everything we take now will stay ours. Everything we don't grab will go to them.†-Ariel Sharon former PM of Israel

I realize it is only hate speech when those brown skin people say but, hey since were quoting leaders.
Even the race card can be pulled in this discussion!

Quote:
I remember the PA, they are essentially now the Fatah, the people the west WANT to work with but the Palestinians don't trust. Seems their statements lasted longer than their political party. Almost prophetic, again disgusting.

I happen to know a good number of Jews and none of them are stupid. Israel CHOSE to create its country THERE. If they wanted a nice quaint peaceful utopia where the residents would willing just give them a thousand square miles, they should have prayed to God because there is no such place on earth. Since you bring up religion, it is my understanding that God punished the Jewish people by placing them into Diaspora for their poor behavior, and when they proved to God that they had redeemed themselves in the eyes of God, then God would grant them the land of Israel. According to some of Judaism's most Orthodox, the creation of Israel by men is in fact blaspheme in the eyes of God as it is assuming man can know Gods will. Don't take my world for it, anyone is welcome to pick up their Torah, Talmud, or Bible and have a gander, its all there.

(etc., etc., etc.)

I personally support neither side and have no ethno-religious sentiments favoring either
Sorry, but I find that rather hard to believe.

Quote:
but the reason for harsh criticism of Israel is for the simple fact that they are our ally and not some terrorist nation, although there are some days it is hard to distinguish which is part of my problem. Since my tax dollars are forcibly given to a nation who's policies I adamantly disagree with, I feel compelled to be critical, because too few are. If it were up to me, my country wouldn't support any of these barbaric hairless monkey's but since it isn't, I am resigned to point out those things I feel wrong.
Barbaric hairless monkeys? What is wrong with you?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
So are the peace lovers in Hamas willing to cease ALL hostile actions towards Israel, including digging tunnels to resupply themselves with rockets and weapons, IF the Israelis stop their attacks?
When Israel starts treating the Palestinians as human beings

Old 01-08-2009, 10:54 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
our religion is a religion of peace
That's about the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's about the funniest thing I've heard in a while.
Ohhhh? pray tell then which is the religion of peace? Christianity? Judaism? communism?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Jordanian....those apologists will not 'see' even with these pictures you show..what horrifies them more is the picture of an Israeli traumatised by the sounds of the rockets fired. That is what is horrifiying for them..not these pictures of murdered innocents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies