Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 38,895 times

Advertisements

It's funny. my family and I were just talking about this this morning, and when I went online to search, I found this!

http://www.healthcare-now.org/petition.php?thisOffset=0&lineIndex=0&sid=&subid= (broken link)

I hope everyone signs it, and I hope all the senators and represenatives in every state sign it. It would be great to finally have health care for all, like other industrialized nations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 10:46 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times
Default There's no way it'll pass the Senate

with a Bush veto, but I signed my name on it for the principle of the thing...

Old 03-08-2007, 10:49 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,936 times
If health care is so great everywhere else in the world why do they ALL come here Hmmm?? (excluding idiots that sadly go to Mexican clinics in desperation)

Old 03-09-2007, 03:28 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
Take a look at the latest Walter Reed fiasco. There is a picture perfect example of your Hillary Clinton Universal Hellthcare.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:29 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,901,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
If health care is so great everywhere else in the world why do they ALL come here Hmmm?? (excluding idiots that sadly go to Mexican clinics in desperation)
It's so good here people go to Mexico in desperation? What?

Germany isn't the health care promised land, but at least I don't have to worry about fighting with the insurance company over every stupid charge while having to pay ridiculous premiums. I am not excited to come back at all to that.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:34 AM

986 posts, read 2,808,555 times
My husband is from Canada, he is an american citizen now but he has alot of family in Canada. You should talk to them about universal health care it is a real eye opener. That is why they come here for care.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Take a look at the latest Walter Reed fiasco. There is a picture perfect example of your Hillary Clinton Universal Hellthcare.

Gee, an Army facility, Bush is CinC, and you blame Clinton?

Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
If we ever do adopt a universal health care system, how are we going to pay for it? I absolutely wish I could lose or quit a job and not worry about insurance and not have to pay COBRA, etc., but think of the current expenses..Medicare/Medicaid alone are the most expensive parts of the U.S. budget I understand. How are we going to pay for universal health care?
Canada is not the example we should look to. They have have mediocre care with antiquated equipment and long, long waiting times and it's illegal to buy private health insurance there.
Germany mixes national health care with access to private insurance as well and I know quite a few Germans who have told me that it's difficult to get care there too or get specific conditions or issues covered. You can't just throw yourself on the system and they pay without question.
Probably the best universal health care is in France and I think it is France we should study as far as how they manage it and if we were to go forward on it, use them as examples.
But with an open border and no government interest in halting illegal migrants who number anywhere from 11-15 million and use our government and social services for free, I don't want to pay more taxes to float illegals too.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:50 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
I tend to agree with MoMark, though I am torn about it.
On the one hand, it rubs me the wrong way to have to pay for illegal immigrants or those who make poor health choices. On the other, I think there is so much waste right now in healthcare, that perhaps the funding would indeed be there if all the inefficiences could be reduced.
There are a lot of people out there with no health insurance.
I certainly am aware of the fact that we are paying more than ever before, and getting less.
I knowthere is Medicaid now, for those who fall under its parameters, but I wonder if some other sort of *hybrid* healthcare system could be brought about.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:00 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,505,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
The Hilary haters are getting ridiculous. what on EARTH does the Walter Reed fiasco have to do with Hilary Clinton? What does it have to do with Universal health care? And, what is "hellthcare"? Can't you people say ANYTHING without coming up with cutesy, derogatory names?

Bah.

At least it gives the world a chance to see how silly people can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies