Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Please keep in mind..

CONservative is a brain disorder......
Liberalism is a mental disorder since it's not grounded in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:43 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
Poor ole Cheney was busy today swearing in new Democratic Senators to replace all the right wing nuts that lost recently....

Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yes--im sure the people of Minnesota want an anti semitic fool like Franken to run thier state...Bravo Minnesota!
Al Franken is Jewish.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:49 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The majority of MN voters do.
Actually, ole Stuart Smalley only won 42% of the vote.

Nice try.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:19 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times
I don't think any losers have been sorer than Gore voters in 2000 and Kerry voters in 2004. They made every attempt to fabricate evidence that the elections were stolen, all of which of course failed. In fact, the opposite was nearly true in 2000, as the Gore campaign made a valiant effort to steal the election through fraud in Florida...see link:
Fraud Factor - Fraud in the 2000 Florida Presidential Election

Furthermore, there is solid evidence of fraud by officials doing the recount in Minnesota, specifically in the contradictory criteria they used to create votes for Franken and simultaneously discount votes for Coleman. Here is a good article describing that fiasco:
FOXNews.com - Ballot Madness: Tipping the Scales in Minnesota's Senate Recount - Opinion

Currently, the Franken campaign has successfully stolen the election. Not whining (he's not my representative), just facts. Congratulations Minnesota, you are officially more ridiculous than Vermont or San Francisco.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Especially considering how they came about getting those votes.

yeah, like double votes and everything else. I think the secertary of the state of Minnesota should do a cross check of all registrations. It would very very interesting to see how many votes the kalifornian al franken would lose.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:31 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I don't think any losers have been sorer than Gore voters in 2000 and Kerry voters in 2004. They made every attempt to fabricate evidence that the elections were stolen, all of which of course failed. In fact, the opposite was nearly true in 2000, as the Gore campaign made a valiant effort to steal the election through fraud in Florida...see link:
Fraud Factor - Fraud in the 2000 Florida Presidential Election

Furthermore, there is solid evidence of fraud by officials doing the recount in Minnesota, specifically in the contradictory criteria they used to create votes for Franken and simultaneously discount votes for Coleman. Here is a good article describing that fiasco:
FOXNews.com - Ballot Madness: Tipping the Scales in Minnesota's Senate Recount - Opinion

Currently, the Franken campaign has successfully stolen the election. Not whining (he's not my representative), just facts. Congratulations Minnesota, you are officially more ridiculous than Vermont or San Francisco.
You might not be posting here long enough to know that Fox News is referred to as Faux News and not taken very seriously.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:34 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Right, just like in Florida during Gore's run. I seem to remember you righties calling the dems a bunch of crybabys & to get on w/it. What, is it a different story when the shoe's on your foot now?

I personally think that gore was the sore loser, if gore had a problem with the election results in florida, then he should have called for a full recount of votes in florida, not just a recount of certain democratic counties.

In Minnesota, i think that all voter registrations should be cross checked by the secretary of state in Minnesota, and if neccesssary, a special election done after all registrations are checked.

All this could be handled very easily with voter ID's, it would stop the votes coming in from dead people, people under 18 and illegal aliens. All of whom are very in favor of always voting democrat/liberal.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 AM

358 posts, read 472,362 times
Mi State law mandated a recount. Coleman was calling on Fraken to concede before the recount, "for the good of the state". When the shoe is on the other foot he goes to court, what happened to "for the good of the state". Now we have a recount completed. The Senator is going to be certified by the election comission and his name is Fraken. What right do we have in second guessing the panel, and for that matter I would have a problem with Franken doing as Coleman if the situtation had played out opposite. I do not see how a court can overturn the panel's recount, they have no jursidiction.

The court has the right to investigate that and refer to the Senate for a decision, which is determined by the Senate, sepratation of powers you know. I understand this is the Consitutional way this is to be handled. No matter how you cut it though, Franken will be seated as will Burris.

I do not understand how the bipartisan panel or "commission" is being questioned. This group is responsible for the elections in MI, so how is it their findings are being questions. Haven't we watched trial baloons released al la Rush-Hannity for years now? Personally, I do not want to hear it unless there is definitive proof that the panel is crooked. It is a bipartisan panel so that does not ring true to me.

A redo is out of the question.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
attempts to save a drowning person do not always result in thank you and often
cause you too to perish if you get too close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies