Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:12 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Yeah me too, outgrew them. Sometimes I think it might be fun to get high again, but nah. It's not my thing anymore. I drink occasionally, but that doesn't count.

Same here, but you have to realize alcohol is just as harmful a drug as cocaine , meth or ecstasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 05:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Because they can cause damaging effects to my body. If someone gave me drugs, I would walk away.

Lots of things can have a damaging effect on the body, but a mild use of marijuana has another effect on the body: It's acts as a pain reducer.

However, since the government wont sell it, or permit its use, thereby somehow extracting profit, it is illegal. Alcohol, and drunk drivers, have killed how many people again?

Old 01-10-2009, 05:17 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
I'm just curious on peoples mindsets...

The reason I do not do drugs is simply because I ASSUME I'd like the feeling of being high...With the general anti-drug mindset of America, where I plan on spending the rest of my life and doing drugs closes the door on many opportunities...

Opinions?
if they were availabel at the grocery store, I would most certainly buy them when in the mood. Drugs are not exactly readily available and sometimes of dubious quality due to the shortage. I would not make a habit of it, but I do think that drugs should be made available to those who want them. there was a very interesting show on cable TV that talked about the criminalization of cocaine. cocaine was actually VERY legal in the US in the 1860s. in fact, the original coca-cola had cocaine as an ingredient. by the early 1900s, the laws caught up with cocaine. if it was good enough for those of the 19th century, it should be good enough for us now.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:22 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
I love how in America drugs are bad and alcohol is good. Alcohol is seen along the same lines as drinking a pepsi. Oh you killed someone while drinking? No problem reduce sentence for you because it is not a big deal. Caught driving drunk? No biggie spend a night in the drunk tank.

I have been around druggies and drunks trust me I rather be around a druggie any day over someone who has been drinking.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I love how in America drugs are bad and alcohol is good. Alcohol is seen along the same lines as drinking a pepsi. Oh you killed someone while drinking? No problem reduce sentence for you because it is not a big deal. Caught driving drunk? No biggie spend a night in the drunk tank.

I have been around druggies and drunks trust me I rather be around a druggie any day over someone who has been drinking.
That's interesting - may I ask where you're from?

Old 01-10-2009, 05:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post

That's a murder charge.... It's hardly a slap on the wrist to the people who obey the law other than that. It's the habitual DD's that seem to get away Scott free w/o a worry....unless they kill someone and then it's murder charges.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
if they were availabel at the grocery store, I would most certainly buy them when in the mood. Drugs are not exactly readily available and sometimes of dubious quality due to the shortage. I would not make a habit of it, but I do think that drugs should be made available to those who want them. there was a very interesting show on cable TV that talked about the criminalization of cocaine. cocaine was actually VERY legal in the US in the 1860s. in fact, the original coca-cola had cocaine as an ingredient. by the early 1900s, the laws caught up with cocaine. if it was good enough for those of the 19th century, it should be good enough for us now.
Other than the whole overdose thing and massive addiction....

Old 01-10-2009, 05:51 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That's interesting - may I ask where you're from?
Uh look around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That's a murder charge.... It's hardly a slap on the wrist to the people who obey the law other than that. It's the habitual DD's that seem to get away Scott free w/o a worry....unless they kill someone and then it's murder charges.
No it is a reduced sentence it is considered vehicular manslaughter, second degree murder, etc rarely do people who kill while drinking and driving get life.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:52 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Why DON'T you do drugs?
Because I do not HAVE drugs.

Oh wait, never mind. I have a bottle of like 50 muscle relaxers and a refill. I've got Hydrocodone and some other drug I can't remember (must be the drugs). I've moved on past the illegal ones on to the legal ones.

WHAT A COUNTRY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies