Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Personally (and I'm a moderate), I don't think she really represnts the views of most conservatives, just the fringe far right. She's abrasive and a litty nutty. Sort of like Carvello on the left.

Remember, these people are first & foremost entertainers. They get paid to entertain.
Well stated Blazer Prophet.

I liken many of these political based entertainers to comedians who take race jokes (usually their own race) to the outer fringes. It resonates just enough to be funny to the people who understand what they are saying. At the same time....it isn't really isn't a representation of all concerned.

It people don't like Coulter (far right) or Carvello (far left), simply don't listen to them or buy their books. And above all else, never take them all that seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well stated Blazer Prophet.

I liken many of these political based entertainers to comedians who take race jokes (usually their own race) to the outer fringes. It resonates just enough to be funny to the people who understand what they are saying. At the same time....it isn't really isn't a representation of all concerned.

It people don't like Coulter (far right) or Carvello (far left), simply don't listen to them or buy their books. And above all else, never take them all that seriously.

But if people did what you suggest they wouldn't be able to get on websites and ask variations of "why can't we smarter people make her shut up?"

Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Ann Coulter is the POLAR opposite of Al Franken. Franken is the darling of the left. . . Coulter is the darling of the right.

In a battle of wits, Franken is a BB Gun. Coulter is a .44 Magnum.

GL2

Old 01-11-2009, 01:11 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
I love ballsy,outspoken women who aren't afraid to say what they choose to say.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:32 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Hey, I say let Ann Coulter continue talking for the consevatives, the right, and the republicans. She will put the last nail into their coffin!

Old 01-11-2009, 02:04 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
MSN A-List
Ann Coulter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is she spouting an actual position or is it just hate speak against everyone who doesn't agree with her views?

Is her kind of debate the kind of debate we want with people of differing views?
She is a deeply narcissistic and angry woman. If I listen to her speak, I feel sick and have to turn the channel off.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:58 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I love ballsy,outspoken women who aren't afraid to say what they choose to say.
But Ann Coulter just sputters angry nonsense. I have no respect for her at all. She has nothing intelligent to say. She just goes around trying to upset everyone.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:43 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
But Ann Coulter just sputters angry nonsense. I have no respect for her at all. She has nothing intelligent to say. She just goes around trying to upset everyone.

Then don't listen to her.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hey, I say let Ann Coulter continue talking for the consevatives, the right, and the republicans. She will put the last nail into their coffin!
I agree...I've been saying for awhile now that Hannity,Coulter,O'Really,Limbaugh and the rest of that herd of idiots are doing a great job of keeping young people from even looking towards the rightards and it's starting to show now.

Pew Research Center: Young Voters in the 2008 Presidential Primaries

Religion News: Appetite for Change Finally Draws Young Voters to the Polls (http://pewforum.org/news/display.php?NewsID=14712 - broken link)

Old 01-12-2009, 01:24 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
Run a search, there is a clip of her on the View today. She looked like she was going to cry at the end of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies