Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:32 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,479 times

Advertisements

The lawsuits cannot force the issue. There is no one that has standing to sue. All the lawsuits will be dismissed and the appeals denied.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:33 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"In todays world..."? You liberals use that phrase a lot.

Ahhhhh....I think it has something to do with ones allegiance??? Maybe?

OB has shown he has allegiances to at least one other country (Kenya) where his grandmother says he was born (not Hawaii).

If you cannot be loyal only to the United Sates of America, then you have no business being President. This concerns me, as it should all Americans. I want the answer, and only Obama can provide it (he isn't going to, hence the lawsuits to force the issue).
So then -

Bob Hope, who was born in England, would be considered less an American than Timothy McVeigh, a natural-born citizen of the United States.

Got it. Thanks for the lesson on patriotism.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:42 PM

659 posts, read 1,085,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
To everyone but a few on the fringe he has provided sufficient proof.

To be honest, in today's world where one can travel halfway across the globe in less than 24 hours, I personally don't see how the requirement that someone be a 'natural born' citizen even matters anymore. Someone could be born in another country to a US citizen and a week later be in the US and live their entire life here and not be able to be President? What difference does it make aside from a line on some paperwork?

Actually, if one of your parents are a U.S. citizen and you are born of foreign ground, you are considered a U.S. citizen although you might have not been born on U.S. soil. I think they did that for military kids who were born at bases overseas.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:51 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,868 times
For your viewing enjoyment: U.S. Distict Court Judge spanks Berg. Apparently Berg didn't learn from it.
Quote:
"Other attorneys should look to Mr. Berg's actions as a blueprint for what not to do when attempting to effectively and honorably perform the duties of the legal profession," Joyner wrote.

"This court has grown weary of Mr. Berg's continuous and brazen disrespect toward this court and his own clients. Mr. Berg's actions ... are an enormous waste of judicial time and resources that this court cannot, in good conscience, allow to go unpunished," Joyner wrote.
Law.com - Lawyer Slapped With $10K in Sanctions for 'Laundry List of Unethical Actions'

Old 02-01-2009, 04:55 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Below is proof that Obama was born in Hawaii, and is a U.S. Citizen

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

You can view photos of the actual birth documents.

You can see an ad in a Hawaiian newspaper from August 13, 1961 announcing the birth of Barack Obama:

http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/2008/07/23/obama-was-likely-born-in-hawaii/ (broken link)

http://texasdarlin.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/page-view.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-01-2009, 04:58 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
For your viewing enjoyment: U.S. Distict Court Judge spanks Berg. Apparently Berg didn't learn from it.
It's too bad there's no penalty at C-D for stubbornly sticking to a seriously stupid issue.

Sorry for the alliteration. That probably deserves a penalty, too.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:05 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,479 times
Yes, indeed. As we say in the legal profession: If acting stupid were a crime, they'd be charged with felony.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:39 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"In todays world..."? You liberals use that phrase a lot.

Ahhhhh....I think it has something to do with ones allegiance??? Maybe?

OB has shown he has allegiances to at least one other country (Kenya) where his grandmother says he was born (not Hawaii).

If you cannot be loyal only to the United Sates of America, then you have no business being President. This concerns me, as it should all Americans. I want the answer, and only Obama can provide it (he isn't going to, hence the lawsuits to force the issue).
Just because I'm not as far right as you doesn't make me a liberal.

So you're saying it's perfectly OK for the reverse? For someone to be born in the US, grow up and live in another country, then come back and run for President? Allegiance has nothing to do with the country someone happens to be born in. It's more where they were raised and what country they identify with.

Also, the woman who said he was born in Kenya is not his grandmother, and it was an error in translation that the translator cleared up in the same conversation. But some people are hanging onto an error in translation like a starving wolf to a bleeding haunch.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:15 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post

Law.com - Lawyer Slapped With $10K in Sanctions for 'Laundry List of Unethical Actions'
Even though this was a few years ago, it says all that I need to know about Berg. I expect he will be hit with some sort of fine or sanction if these frivolous suits continue.

The folks who have given him money to pursue these suits should be filing against him.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:30 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Even though this was a few years ago, it says all that I need to know about Berg. I expect he will be hit with some sort of fine or sanction if these frivolous suits continue.

The folks who have given him money to pursue these suits should be filing against him.
I wish they'd just go ahead already and disbar him. He's an embarrassment to the legal profession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies