Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 09:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

If it shows their logic in thinking any they bring petitions, amendments, proposals, rhetoric to a gun fight.....screw the knife. And they actually claim they are educated.

Not saying they will get shot. Just no one can claim one way or another what the end result is in encroachment upon civil rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The thing is,you cannot debate this topic with those who support gun bans simply because they aren't interested in logic or facts or even saving lives.

In the end IF they choose to discuss it with you they will end the debate with something like "It doesn't matter,I think those guns should be banned"...

I just buy more and wait for the time when it may be necessary to use them.
some people yes.But I don't post using my time to convince the unconvincable.I post like I did to hopefully make that lurker who is on the fence about it who knows little about it who will hear the sound bytes of the propaganda about "we support law abiding use of guns "hunting sporting purpose guns are ok but you don't need those other types" and the buzz words "common sense" "keeping them out of criminal hands" to hopefully learn that they are being duped into supporting prohibition that only hurts those that follow laws not the criminals.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:51 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulsterscot View Post
I made this thread earlier, but it seems to have 'disappeared' or been moved somewhere? Anyhow, here's the info.

The Dims waste no time going for our rights.

Urban Policy

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

too bad people dont understand there is no such thing as a gunshow loophole, all firearms bought from dealers at a gun show still have to have 4473's filled out and a NICS check done.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:53 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
some people yes.But I don't post using my time to convince the unconvincable.I post like I did to hopefully make that lurker who is on the fence about it who knows little about it who will hear the sound bytes of the propaganda about "we support law abiding use of guns "hunting sporting purpose guns are ok but you don't need those other types" and the buzz words "common sense" "keeping them out of criminal hands" to hopefully learn that they are being duped into supporting prohibition that only hurts those that follow laws not the criminals.
Well yes I too have done that.

Good luck.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:57 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
too bad people dont understand there is no such thing as a gunshow loophole, all firearms bought from dealers at a gun show still have to have 4473's filled out and a NICS check done.
Its not the dealers we are afraid of. It's the private person to person sales that are totally unregulated and require no background checks. that needs to change. and honestly we need to ban assault weapons. you can have shotguns, pistols, rifels but for gods sake we do not need m16's or oozies or ak-47s for defense unless you plan to take on your local national guard.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:12 PM

922 posts, read 1,909,163 times
well punker I guess we know where you stand on gun rights. thanks for your insightful view on the second amendment. I assume its from a liberal education you got.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:16 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
well punker I guess we know where you stand on gun rights. thanks for your insightful view on the second amendment. I assume its from a liberal education you got.

Actually I went to a Christian ultra-conservative private school my whole elementary life. Thanks for judging me!

By the way being against assault weapons in no way endangers the second ammendment the same way being against missiles for homeowners does either. you are not entitled to missiles or nuclear weapons or bombs, and there is a good reason for that. and i feel strongly that assault weapons should not be allowed for private citizens.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:49 PM

922 posts, read 1,909,163 times
Default just elementary?

did elementary school teach a different meaning to "shall not be enfringed"? maybe you will learn more in middle school or high school? then you can study history, maybe understand that all guns started out as military "assault" weapons. that includes the bolt action 30-06, or 9mm luger semi-auto, etc.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Well regulated.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:12 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Sigh....it is amazing how people will STILL chime in how this or that firearm needs to be banned and have NO idea how it works or how it is different to 'good' firearms.

What is kind of funny is Obama thinks rifles like the AR15 need to be banned from the streets...but favors arming police officers with fully automatic rifles.

Typical leftist 'thought'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies