Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Tell me more about why this insignificant detail bothers you so much.
OP is a tad racist.. I guess he doesn't want the "master races" reputation tainted by some brownies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 PM

217 posts, read 513,259 times
Quote:
OP is a tad racist.. I guess he doesn't want the "master races" reputation tainted by some brownies.
If Hispanics are White than why do they qualify for affirmative action programs/ college scholarships geared towards racial minorities ?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
If Hispanics are White than why do they qualify for affirmative action programs/ college scholarships geared towards racial minorities ?
Dude their white as far as crime stats because there is no "Brown" box to check on the form. Would it make you feel better if they were considered black?

Curious that you don't deny being racist

Old 01-29-2009, 08:11 PM

993 posts, read 2,291,969 times
I was always under the impression there were only 3 races; Caucasian, Negroid and Mongoloid. I think Hispanic would be considered as an ethnic group.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:20 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,526,713 times
Wow, this is as easy as it gets. White is a race, hispanic is an ethnicity. End of discussion.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey mouse is dead View Post
Wow, this is as easy as it gets. White is a race, hispanic is an ethnicity. End of discussion.
Steak is food. Carne asada is ethnic food. End of recipe.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe09 View Post
I was always under the impression there were only 3 races; Caucasian, Negroid and Mongoloid. I think Hispanic would be considered as an ethnic group.
You are way too smart for City Data.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:23 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
This Hispanic woman in Florida for example is wanted for parental abduction and she is labeled as White under race.
Florida Missing Child Flyer (http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/Flyers/Flyer2PicCC.asp?ID=13360&case_nbr= - broken link)
Great thread. Obama only got 67% of the Hispanic vote this time around I am sure you will help get it up to 90% and increase his electorate base overall.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Hmmmm because Duh according to the census bureau Hispanic is not a race but related to ancestoral birth.
Hispanic Population of the United States (http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hispanic/hispdef.html - broken link)
Persons of Hispanic origin were identified by a question that asked for self-identification of the person's origin or descent. Respondents were asked to select their origin (and the origin of other household members) from a "flash card" listing ethnic origins. Persons of Hispanic origin, in particular, were those who indicated that their origin was Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American, or some other Hispanic origin. It should be noted that persons of Hispanic origin may be of any race.

Do people bother to check before they start threads so they are accurate and not wrong in their OP supposed fact?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:32 PM

217 posts, read 513,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester
This Hispanic woman in Florida for example is wanted for parental abduction and she is labeled as White under race.
Florida Missing Child Flyer (http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/Flyers/Flyer2PicCC.asp?ID=13360&case_nbr= - broken link)

Great thread. Obama only got 67% of the Hispanic vote this time around I am sure you will help get it up to 90% and increase his electorate base overall.
Even though that Hispanic woman was labeled as White, she would stick out like a sore thumb if you dropped her off in a crowd of North Dakotans for example. Are you going to deny this ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies