Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:13 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,320,715 times

Advertisements

Some will justify anything to avoid personal responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 09:42 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times
Default They all had excuses. Feel sorry for them?

The kids were really, really mean to me. They were always bullying me. Nobody likes me. I had to kill them, I was in so much pain, I had to kill them.

My wife was leaving me and taking the kids. I couldn't let her do that. No one else can love my wife and kids like I do. No one. I had to kill them.

I did the best that I could but it was never good enough. I made a few mistakes but they weren't that bad. He shouldn't have fired me. That guy didn't deserve to get my job. That was my job. I had to kill them.

My wife died and I was so lonely. I just wanted some comforting. It wasn't wrong. She was going to tell. I had to kill her.

I lost my job. I don't want to look for another one. I wanted that job. I can't live without my job. I have to kill myself. What are my wife and kids going to do without me? I have to kill them.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:02 AM

3 posts, read 5,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
Murder--Suicide.
This must be the in thing lately.....
I know this is getting out of control!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,953,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
People lose jobs all the time and pick themselves up and move on.

Frankly, I'm thinking anybody who scapegoats the economy for a guy whacking himself and family, is a little out there too.
Absolutely.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 AM

Much as the Obama haters want to spin it, this is not new, and this is not due to the economy. People have been killining themselves and others for a variety of reasons, including financial reasons, for years. The key is to develop means to recognize the 'doers' and intervene when possible; much the same way we have developed crriteria to recognize and provide resources for potential suicide, domestic violence, child abuse, etc.

Published May 2006
IssueLab: American Roulette: Murder-Suicide in the United States
Quote:
More than 10 murder-suicides, almost all by gun, occur each week in the United States, according to "American Roulette: Murder-Suicide in the United States", a new study by the Violence Policy Center (VPC). The study used a national news clipping service and Internet survey tools to collect incidents nationwide from January 1, 2005, through June 30, 2005, and is one of the largest and most comprehensive studies ever conducted on murder-suicide. During this six-month period, at least 591 Americans died in 264 murder-suicides, and almost all murder-suicides (92 percent) involved a firearm. Using these figures, the VPC estimates that nearly 1,200 Americans die each year in murder-suicides.
http://www.vpc.org/studies/amroul2008.pdf
Quote:

....,there were an estimated 1,108 murder-suicide deaths in 2007.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,388,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Some will justify anything to avoid personal responsibility.
I agree. In any case if you feel your life is so worthless that you need to end it go right ahead but don't kill others especially your kids. I feel no sympathy for people like this.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
i agree. In any case if you feel your life is so worthless that you need to end it go right ahead but don't kill others especially your kids. I feel no sympathy for people like this.
ditto!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies