Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 05:02 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

I think of the God Almighty that gave me this view. I can look up in the early moring sky and see them all. The dippers, the big stars and the little stars. I will soon see the sun as it rises over the mountains to the east and creeps up over the city skyline. And then I ask myself if my kids and their kids will be able to enjoy this view on a cool Sunday morning 100 years from now as I am doing.
And it finally dawns on me that they will only if I am able to put aside my desires for certain things like a monster SUV and wasteful electric use so that the atmosphere will be clean enough that they too may enjoy a few hours with just themselves and their God like I am doing. I am willing to make that sacrifice. I guess that is why I am a Democrat and why I fully back President Obama's plan to allow the states to impose tough environmental regulations on the car makers.
What is really funny to me is that the only car makers I hear griping about this are GM and Ford. I do not hear Honda, Toyota or Nissan complaining at all. Maybe they have kids too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies