Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Global warming...

Is this what the GW propaganda machine is left with? The propaganda of fear has not worked like they thought it would - mainly due to the fact that all one has to do is look around at the freezing globe to know it is BS.

That landscape the ape is sitting in - looks more like a meteor strike or maybe even a nuclear bomb than the result of GW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 02:36 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

YouTube - Global warming...

Is this what the GW propaganda machine is left with? The propaganda of fear has not worked like they thought it would - mainly due to the fact that all one has to do is look around at the freezing globe to know it is BS.

That landscape the ape is sitting in - looks more like a meteor strike or maybe even a nuclear bomb than the result of GW.

[sigh] On most other forums the deniers come up with a scientific article every so often probably by random chance like the monkeys with typewriters writing the encyclopedia. What the heck is it with this forum that all we get is stuff like this?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Freezing globe? I take it you haven't been reading the Sydney Herald this year.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
I was especially touched by the Polar Bear jumping off the iceberg and into the sea.

Wait, isn't that what Polar Bears are supposed to do?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:40 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
I take it you haven't been reading the Sydney Herald this year
Oh stop it, start being factual pleaaaazzze : Sydney is at the 34° Latitude, the same as LA (subdesert) or Casablanca (subdesert) or Beyrouth (warm Mediterranean) or Kabul (torrid) or Baghdad (desert)...so yes, Sydney is hot, and then what ?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I take it you haven't been reading the Sydney Herald this year
Oh stop it, start being factual pleaaaazzze : Sydney is at the 34° Latitude, the same as LA (subdesert) or Casablanca (subdesert) or Beyrouth (warm Mediterranean) or Kabul (torrid) or Baghdad (desert)...so yes, Sydney is hot, and then what ?

Oh, pardon me, Sanrene can say GLOBAL FREEZING, but I cannot offer any rebuttal. Sorry, mea culpa, I did not know that pointing out that Australia's extreme heat wave last week, and the seasonal cycles that over the past few years have made their normal droughts more severe, and have upset their regular seasonal cycles so that Melbourne is even concerned about their trees surviving because the stress has been so prolonged on them, but please, I won't bring up other climates than the US so you can continue bashing the global warming theories. Bye-bye!

Old 02-04-2009, 03:32 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
[sigh] On most other forums the deniers come up with a scientific article every so often probably by random chance like the monkeys with typewriters writing the encyclopedia. What the heck is it with this forum that all we get is stuff like this?
I don't know if our deniers are just lazier or if they've finally sniffed to much glue and aren't capable of doing better.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, pardon me, Sanrene can say GLOBAL FREEZING, but I cannot offer any rebuttal. Sorry, mea culpa, I did not know that pointing out that Australia's extreme heat wave last week, and the seasonal cycles that over the past few years have made their normal droughts more severe, and have upset their regular seasonal cycles so that Melbourne is even concerned about their trees surviving because the stress has been so prolonged on them, but please, I won't bring up other climates than the US so you can continue bashing the global warming theories. Bye-bye!
Would you be referring to the CSIRO Drought report? You do realize they were found to have their hands in the statistical cookie jar do you not? Either they were fudging data, or they stopped teaching math in climate research.

David Stockwell did an analysis of their data and found some serious issues with the observed data records and their methods.

http://landshape.org/stats/wp-conten...08/article.pdf

Quote:
Abstract

In a statistical re-analysis of the data from the Drought Exceptional Circumstances
Report, all climate models failed standard internal validation tests
for regional droughted area in Australia over the last century. The most
worrying failure was that simulations showed increases in droughted area
over the last century in all regions, while the observed trends in drought
decreased in five of the seven regions identified in the CSIRO/Bureau of
Meteorology report. Therefore there is no credible basis for the claims of
increasing frequency of Exceptional Circumstances declarations made in the
report. These results are consistent with other studies finding lack of adequate validation in global warming effects modeling, and lack of skill of
climate models at the regional scale.
Climate Audit also had several threads on the issue ranging from looking at the numbers of the report to documenting the odd behavior of protocol concerning research and the media.

http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=3392

Do a search for Stockwell, CSIRO, and on Drought if you want further information on the issue.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:12 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
I don't know if our deniers are just lazier or if they've finally sniffed to much glue and aren't capable of doing better.
Nahh, many of us just apply the old saying of "You can't fix stupid" and stop bothering to argue with people who make their beds in logical fallacy. /shrug

Old 02-04-2009, 04:49 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Places where scientific concensus is near complete:

Theory of Evolution
Global Warming
Planes Took Out the Twin Towers
Tobacco is Harmful
The World is Round
The Moon is a Rock
Lightning is Natural

Remind me again why we should ever listen to denialists, conspiracy theorists, and theists when it comes to how the world works? Oh yeah - we shouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies