Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 PM

413 posts, read 561,823 times

Advertisements

"While hundreds of thousands of American construction workers are unemployed, businesses across America continue to employ illegal aliens and will be allowed to use Stimulus money to hire hundreds of thousands more illegal aliens.

The Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops are lobbying the Senate to ensure that businesses can use Stimulus money to hire illegal aliens.

Nearly every national Hispanic advocacy group is lobbying the Senate to ensure that illegal aliens have the same access to Stimulus jobs as unemployed Hispanic American citizens."

STUDY: current Senate Stimulus bill would give 300,000 construction jobs to illegal aliens (UNLESS E-VERIFY ADDED) | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 07:39 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
Maybe we could hire some border patrol and ICE agents with the money instead.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:12 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Isn't it strange how often that word, illegal, gets glossed over? Something is very wrong if they're here illegally, isn't it? And not only are they here, but they should have the same rights and privileges as citizens? Now there are two things wrong!

Old 02-16-2009, 07:41 PM

67 posts, read 99,433 times
They conveniently changed illegal to undocumented. If we were in Mexico illegaly they would not only kick us out , but beat and rob us first.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:45 PM

oh and one more thing.Undocumented (illegal) immigrants make up 13billion of the annual deficiet in California. And why am I receiving an IOU in the mail for my state taxes? When are thes government officials going to stand up and point the finger in the right direction. Afterall, its us the TAXPAYERS , not the illegals ,that pay their enormous salaries.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
The Stimulus does not promote illegal employment, only more construction. The fact that illegals are in constuction is nothing new....who do you think built all those houses and retail centers Bush bragged about????

The Heritage Foundation (a right wing think tank) is just trying to link the two so they can smear the stimulus.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 AM

I hope those jobs dont go to illegal, oops i mean undocumented immigrants.
If these pro illegal immigrant politicians had roaches in their houses, I wonder if they would exterminate them or instead feed them and allow them to reproduce and later care for the roaches? Maybe if the roaches were paying rent or if they could perhaps even vote.
I look at illegal immigration as an infestation/invasion.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
Of course it's ILLEGAL (law passed by, but hardly ever enforced since Reagan) to hire ILLEGAL immigrants. The only ILLEGAL immigrants are those that came here after REAGAN PARDONED those already here. However, if ICE were to show up and start arresting those illegals, the BUSINESS OWNERS (mostly Republicans) would immediately be on the phone with their ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES, who would immediately call ICE and demand that such "selective" enforcement stop.

Let's see, the law that was going to STOP the illegal immigration was passed by REAGAN, who was followed by BUSH Sr. followed by CLINTON, followed by EIGHT MORE YEARS OF BUSH Jr. How come all of those Republicans didn't do SOMETHING?

golfgod

Old 02-17-2009, 10:54 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
However, if ICE were to show up and start arresting those illegals, the BUSINESS OWNERS (mostly Republicans)
There is nothing wrong with being ignorant, but I would not advertise if I were you.

American business ownership, by every major study, is proportionate to the political affiliations of its citizens. Since I used some big words, I'll try and make it a little easier: Democrats own businesses proportionate to their percentage of the population. Darn, another big word. Not sure how to dumb it down anymore. Maybe I can just make you a link:

proportionate - definition of proportionate by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies