Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

During the next four or eight years, when President Obama is being criticized by the Republican 'loyal opposition', we should take that criticism with a large dose of salt. We all know that it's being triggered by blind ideology and in no way does it reflect a real concern for the welfare of our country.

Republicans want Obama to fail

Screw them Mr. President, You have the power now. Do what you were elected into office to do. Patriotic Americans are backing you up. You have proven that you are willing to be bi-partisan and they spit in your eye. They are reptilian and cold blooded and not worthy of your reaching out to them. Tell them to sit down and shut the "F" up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Well, what about the last eight years? Didn't the left do everything possible in the hopes that bush would fail, including giving aid and comfort to the enemy?

Why would I want obama to succeed in implementing far-left, radical policies, whether it be on taxes, spending, abortion or the war?

Old 02-06-2009, 09:05 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
During the next four or eight years, when President Obama is being criticized by the Republican 'loyal opposition', we should take that criticism with a large dose of salt. We all know that it's being triggered by blind ideology and in no way does it reflect a real concern for the welfare of our country.

Republicans want Obama to fail

Screw them Mr. President, You have the power now. Do what you were elected into office to do. Patriotic Americans are backing you up. You have proven that you are willing to be bi-partisan and they spit in your eye. They are reptilian and cold blooded and not worthy of your reaching out to them. Tell them to sit down and shut the "F" up!
I posted the following in another thread but it so aptly applies to the traitorous repubs who hate this country so much they want it to fail in the vain hope that Obama will look as bad as "The Failure Known As Bush".

"""Repubs are like people on a ship...their incompetent captain them runs them into an ice berg and their ship is sinking threatening to drown all aboard and take valuable cargo to the ocean floor.
Another ship comes by and offers to save them but they need to know if the captain and crew have clean fingernails or they will not board the new ship.
They would rather drown and take everyone and everything with them than take any alternative ....fighting over the color of the life boats instead of grabbing an oar and pulling for dear life....which is what we all, all Americans need to do...instead of hoping that the new ship sinks, too!!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 PM

706 posts, read 1,242,014 times
Most die hard republicans I know hope that Obama can succeed in saving the economy and creating jobs. Washington Republicans are a different breed than the home grown Republicans.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, what about the last eight years? Didn't the left do everything possible in the hopes that bush would fail, including giving aid and comfort to the enemy?

Why would I want obama to succeed in implementing far-left, radical policies, whether it be on taxes, spending, abortion or the war?
when u push war on terror, hell yeah i want u to fail because you putting the US in greatdanger and are doing nothing but creating more enemies and terrorist.

#1.the war was illegitimate but legal, moraly wrong, because the US did not recognize saddam husseins goverment so they did not have to declare war. the war in iraq, a verysneaky way to invade someones country.

#2. how did the left give aid to the enemy? was it blueprints to places.
#3. bush had no problem spending money and at times asked for more and more.
#4 abortion thats not even a major issue-dismissed.
#5. lets go back to the war
#6. the hypocrisy of the last admin regarding dictators and so called enemies of the free world but turn around and be friend the saudi arabian goverment which has a similar style of goverment like castros the US criticizes except they govern thru family lines only. why havent there been elections in saudi arabia? bush was so happy to announce elections being held in iraq but yet befriends other dictators.

bush did fail, and was going to with or w/o the left middle or right criticisms. the only thing that was accomplished is that they killed saddam which to me was nothing but revenge.
never fight a land war in asia you will not win. u may stabilize some areas but not the whole country and the peolple will ultimately rebel against those of who they see as oppressors.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Most die hard republicans I know hope that Obama can succeed in saving the economy and creating jobs. Washington Republicans are a different breed than the home grown Republicans.
Okay, I did say the Republicans in Washington...The party has been hijacked by the Neocons and some people are intelligent enough to realize that. The ones that are too stupid, I just ignore.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
I want Obama's brand of communism to fail...doesn't everyone?

Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Only intelligent people. Some of these people are so young, they do not remember how bad communism really is as a form of government. It jerks out a persons soul and removes hope for a better life. People walk around like zombies. All freedoms are removed and the government becomes more important than anything or anyone.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Listening to the head of the Republican Party...Rush Limpaw? You most likely do not know what Communism is. Maybe you should stop smacking your head and put some real information in it instead.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:37 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Listening to the head of the Republican Party...Rush Limpaw? You most likely do not know what Communism is. Maybe you should stop smacking your head and put some real information in it instead.
I don't have time to listen to Rush.
I do listen to what Obama says, what he does and has done in the past.
You most likely don't know what communism is,as you don't seem to recognize it's traits within Obama's words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies