Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 07:45 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times

Advertisements

Question is simple,
Republicans hate using our tax money to help fellow americans in need.
But love to grab our tax dollars and give it away to anybody around that World that will say "I love America"
Before you say "It's to help their military"
Anybody that has lived in any 3rd World country knows that 10 politicians are gonna take all that money.

Why do republicans support giving away our tax dollars to foreign countries and hate to help americans?

The Seoul Times
The 87 billion dollars Bush requested to rebuild Iraq and which Congress has approved, shocked many Americans. Spending that amount to rebuild a country, which Americans view as having one of the richest oil reserves in the world, makes people wonder why we are not spending the money to fix our own infrastructure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 09:13 PM

Any republican has the answer to this?

Old 02-20-2009, 09:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Dopo, I think you have stretched things here just a bit. I think that if you hide and watch a bit you will see our present administration trying to pay for restoration of places we have destroyed and for our infrastructure at the same time.

Were Democrats in Congress stopping that spending you talk about the past two years? I think not but then they could always blame the President. Now that they can't do that I don't know what they will do.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that if you hide and watch a bit you will see our present administration trying to pay for restoration of places we have destroyed and for our infrastructure at the same time.
You are avoiding the question by saying that Obama will do the same thing.

Republicans are crying about spending our taxes on americans that need help because they don't deserve that money.

How come republicans don't complain when there's a republican president rebuilding schools and roads in other countries with our tax dollars?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Well i'm not a republican but the real question is why does and has our government always given money to other countries? there are many answers for this a few are so we can have a embassy there, so we can keep an eye on them, so we can have a base there, so they will share information with us and the list goes on. It will continue with Obama because it has nothing to do with democrates or republicans it's the government as a whole.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It will continue with Obama because it has nothing to do with democrates or republicans it's the government as a whole.
Bush spent billions rebuilding Iraq even when the their government had an economic surplus.
So it's not about embassy.

The question is,
why didn't republicans complain about that spending of our taxes?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Well i'm not a republican but the real question is why does and has our government always given money to other countries? there are many answers for this a few are so we can have a embassy there, so we can keep an eye on them, so we can have a base there, so they will share information with us and the list goes on. It will continue with Obama because it has nothing to do with democrates or republicans it's the government as a whole.
Nice try with a well reasoned post but I don't think you will get through to dopo who is just plain one of those Republican haters. Keep trying and maybe you will get through that liberal mind shield.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Any republican has the answer to this?
I'm not a republican but here's the obvious: George W's families money is mostly in oil. If they keep wind power,solar and hydro power away then the demand for oil remains high and so does the Bush $$$.So giving money to oil rich countries keep the Bush fortune in tact. With all the money they pissed away we could already have universal healthcare and be through with oil dependency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies