Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:27 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Maybe because Obama's real and not a middle eastern legend?
Are you implying that Jesus was not real or that he was a legendary human?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post

and desperate need of a large percentage of the population to expunge their collective guilt of racism in this nation.
Here's this mention of "racism" again. Interesting that you put it all down to "racism" for him getting elected.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:13 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Do you even know how to read? My personal quote "lefty reflects my handedness, not my political affiliation". I am a left-handed person, I write and throw with my left hand. I am a registered Republican, I voted for Ron Paul in the primary election and for Bob Barr in the general. Seriously, could you be any dimmer?

Did I ever say he was my hero? I did not. I said that the poll was flawed, that people idolize figures that are in the public eye more...hence Sarah Palin being #21 and that pilot from the Hudson river plane crash being #10 (ahead of God). I said that my hero is Neil DeGrasse Tyson, one of the smartest men on the planet and someone who has dedicated his life to bringing science to children.

Just because you believe in that fairy tale, doesn't make it true. As a kid I believed in wild fantasies too, but then I grew up and realized how ridiculous all that stuff in the bible is.
Oh, I see. And there's absolutely NO reason why anyone should think that one who calls himself a "lefty" in a political forum is a lib? Odd that someone would identify himself by what hand he uses dominantly. Heh.

Yep, keep trashing people who don't worship science. There is one guarantee in this life -- that you WILL find out, sooner or later and VERY personally, how much science doesn't have a clue. And it will suck to be you.

I expect NOTHING from people and I'm never disappointed.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, I see. And there's absolutely NO reason why anyone should think that one who calls himself a "lefty" in a political forum is a lib? Odd that someone would identify himself by what hand he uses dominantly. Heh.
And he tries to make you look stupid for not looking at his profile.

Quote:
Yep, keep trashing people who don't worship science. There is one guarantee in this life -- that you WILL find out, sooner or later and VERY personally, how much science doesn't have a clue. And it will suck to be you.

I expect NOTHING from people and I'm never disappointed.
These people think science is infallible.
There was a time when lobotomies were a miracle cure for insanity.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:47 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How funny that you see it that way. If you read the study, you'll see that they didn't give respondents a list of names to choose from. All they did was ask, "Who is your hero?" Obama was mentioned more often than anyone else. That's all there is to it. A lot of those people probably didn't even think of saying "Jesus" when asked that question (although many obviously did, to my dismay).
Brainwashing, mind control, ignorance. Such easy pits in which to fall. Pathetic beastards.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:57 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post

There was a time when lobotomies were a miracle cure for insanity.
See, now this is EXACTLY how I perceive people who unfailingly believe in an invisible, still nonproven entity...like they've had a lobotomy.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:13 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime
Yep, keep trashing people who don't worship science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot
Oh, the irony...People berating science as they type away at a keyboard.

BTW, anyone who understands what science is, realizes it's not infallible. Infallibility is something left to religion and it's belief in one or more of the many deities.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Except for the personal quote directly below the word "lefty" that says "lefty reflects my handedness, not political affiliation"...As someone who was given a college scholarship to a school that cost $45,000/yr simply because he threw a baseball 90 MPH with his left hand, I think it's pretty normal for that. Plus, left handed people are likely to use their handedness as an identifier more than right handed people because we're such a minority. "Lefthanded people are the only ones in their right mind!"

Quote:
No, that's not a guarantee just because you say it is. I've never known any of your religious dogma to be anything more than fairy tales and myths, but gravity and chemistry have proven to be true. Just because you've been brainwashed, doesn't mean you're correct. I love these threats you people make to us with fully functional brains...that one day we'll find out the truth and it'll be too late...what about when you realize you've wasted your life following ancient superstitions?

And science and medicine are two different things. Western Medicine is as much guesswork as religion at times...I was unable to sleep for a long period of time (3 hours was a good night's rest for me) and went to a doctor for it...all he did was proscribe numerous drugs, each one with different negative side effects, just because they MIGHT help me sleep better. I gave up with it and eventually my problem got better as I got older and more tired in general.

Why should it be controversial that the leader of the most powerful nation in the world is more popular and respected than a semi-fictional character who has caused the deaths of countless millions of people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies