Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:09 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

PORTLAND, Ore. — The FBI says it has released new information it hopes will jog someone's memory and help them determine who the legendary skyjacker Dan Cooper, who bailed out of a commercial jet over southwest Washington in 1971, really was.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319387,00.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 AM

436 posts, read 810,356 times
Why are they wasting their time and the taxpayer's money. This was 37 years ago. Seeing what he went through to accomplish this, and IF he survived the jump, I wish him the best.

There are far better things to spend the money on, folks.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:46 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,679,105 times
Yeah, it's a waste of time and money to investigate this.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:44 PM

365 posts, read 699,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Why are they wasting their time and the taxpayer's money. This was 37 years ago. Seeing what he went through to accomplish this, and IF he survived the jump, I wish him the best.

this is a great post, lol...I agree, to be honest, wouldnt the statutue of limitations have run out anyway? but I bet he WAS one of the Feds, thats the only time anymore they seem to really worry about things this long...

Old 01-04-2008, 12:37 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,431,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
PORTLAND, Ore. — The FBI says it has released new information it hopes will jog someone's memory and help them determine who the legendary skyjacker Dan Cooper, who bailed out of a commercial jet over southwest Washington in 1971, really was.

FOXNews.com - FBI Dusts Off Famous Case of D.B. Cooper Skyjacking - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
What do they expect to find? Besides that, all of their suspects have died.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 AM

436 posts, read 810,356 times
Typical government stupidity. They will spend millions of dollars keeping a 400,000 dollar case open.

And to think we outlawed lobotomy.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:13 AM

5 posts, read 14,878 times
My name is Jo Weber and MY husband confessed to me he was Dan Cooper in 1995 before he died.

Too Many individuals are trying to CASH in on Cooper...so NO one can ever tell the real story.
When My husband died in 1995 he told me some strange things - things I did not understand and then in 1996 when I found out what he was talking about - I contacted the FBI, but I knew so little about the crime itself & the agents were NOT WA agents, but guys who had to study up on the subject just to come to my home.

I noted some place in City Data another person and persons have been posting who have their own threads on Cooper.. & I do not have a place to tell my story without these individuals taking everything I have & using it as their own & writing their books dissing me and creating stories regarding unlikely suspects.

I am not a writer - & I have not in the 18 yrs I have been doing this profitted from my efforts, but these writer used my research & my contacts to tell a story. I was incontact with members of the crew & passengers on the plane...but I was not an investigator nor was I writing a book - I just wanted to know if they remembered or could Identify my husband as Cooper.

I kept my conversations & connections out of the public eye until 2004...other than the news articles done on my behalf...Doug Pasternac who was with the US News and World Reports did 2 article and then Margie Boole did an article in WA.

By the time that happened - suddenly there was this person & that person claiming they knew who Cooper was...

Now 3 of them have or are writing books using all of the hard work I put into retracing my husbands past & talking to the witnesses & some of these people twist & turn everything to make it their own. One has alienated almost everyone he has interviewed...

Yet, Jo was the first person to contact & speak to these individuals & I did NOT try to write a book - all I wanted was the truth....but, I knew so little about the crime * did not know the right questions to ask.

I found Duane's exwife who told me she knew he was Cooper & so did the daughter...the FBI approached them early on & they feared they would be implimented in the crime since he was in their lives at that time... now both of them have deceased...but I continue to try to telll their story & my story. 17 yrs with a man I really didn't know.

I found out when the FBI started to investigate that My husband of 17 yrs had spent as many yrs in Federal prisons as he had been married to me. YET, the man made a good living selling insurance, being a leading district and state manager for these companies...yet he had spent the same number of yrs in 5 different Federal prison, multiple county jails & other containments.

Now all of the things I found and tried to tell the FBI are being used by writer for books. I am not a writer - all I wanted to know was the truth...if I had known in 1996 what coming forward would start - I would have kept his secret - but, he told me because he wanted me to know.

Since it took me 1 yr & 3 months to accidentally find out what he was talking about - I had disposed of some of the most important things...I didn't know what they were...they were just old junk to me. A large Jar with part of a chute in it, military badges - for skydivers in the military, a piece of cloth he kept in his wallet, 2 cartriges (flight recorders) and I sold the VAN he had and then the man contacts me & tell me he found my husband's wallet in the VAN....I had my husband's wallet!

The tells me on the phone it has is drivers license & military papers - but I had my husband wallet & private papers....when he delivers the wallet I asked again what was in it and he tell me then - that he did open it....DUH! There was something wrong with that story from the get go...but the FBI didn't corner him on it...

I assure you the man seemingly did very well - I have always wonder if some of those 20's were also in the van. Duane wanted me to take him for a ride - he kept telling me we had to go someplace...but there was a raging storm the 2 nights before he died and I could not get him to the van...from the hospital...I tried...and tried....and I will never forget the things he told me during the last 2 wks of his life....

I had I known who Dan Cooper was - I would have had someone come talk to him & record what he was telling me...but stupid me didn't have a clue who DAN COOPER was - if he had only told me D.B.Cooper - I might have got it...but it would be 1 yr & 3 months later before I GOT IT - only by accident....

I had been told if you were dating a man who you really like, but only as a friend to start talking about your deceased - that he would realize you were not ready to move forward.
So that is what I did...He was a very nice man & he came from a wonderful family - but, he was overweight. I just could not imagine my life with him & did NOT want to encourage him....so I fixed him a nice meal & after dinner I start to talk about my deceased husband...I told him about our life & the things he said in the hospital...the man being a very nice man looked at me & said "Did you ever think he might be D.B. Cooper?" I had to actually ask him who D.B. Cooper was because it caught me off guard...My husband had told me in the hospital he was DAN COOPER - not D. B. Cooper...I had NO idea until I got a book from the Library a couple of wks later that Dan Cooper was D.B.Cooper...

I lived in the South & remembered reading one article about the skyjumping on the 3rd page of a newpaper....the war took the front page and the second page...the article was small and insignificant & I was a soon to be single woman with 2 children...such things did NOT mean anything to me...but due to what used to be a remarkable memory - I remembered the article & the page of the newspaper it was on...

That is how my story started 18 yrs ago - it has been 18 hard yrs. I note those who diss me & have used my story & information to advance other subjects have recently posted on this site...one has his OWN site - & others have written books on the subject...using resources 99% of which I divulged...but I kept the witnesses locations & contact information private & out the public eye. YET, one of the individuals - brazenly showed up on the door step of several of the witnesses & family members of the victims - brazenly asking them question & then proceeded to writer horrible things about them in his Newpaper and in his book...he stalked Tina at her home & badgered Cossey for an interview.

I actually spoke to Cossey the night he probably died - & he told me he heard something and not to hang up, but I waited and waited and he never came back to the phone...I contacted the authorities, buy they never responded to me. He had left his wallet and keys by the door - I presumed in the kit & had called his home phone. I had both numbers.

Needless to say - they write little about Jo - & do NOT want the public to know that JO with no computer until the early 2000's had spoke to and written to these individuals...I had not the means or the knowledge to write a book - I just wanted to know the truth....and picture of my husband that would have helped at that time had been CONCEALED from me deliberately by the FBI. My phone bills were hugh.

I had repeatedly asked for the Jefferson file & pics & even sent someone to Jefferson and he was turned away...he made a special trip to get the information - yet, yrs later a FBI agent invites himself to a thread I was telling the story on & presents some brief information but NOT the Picture in the FILE.

THAT picture I would not see until a young man who was posting on the DropZone contacted me and told me he had my husband's intake photo - and did I want to see it.

I did & all I could say was OH MY GOD!...the picture had been taken in 1966 as he was entering Jefferson State prison...but I never did see the out-take...the FBI AGENT who raided the thread - definitely didn't want me to see that photo...

The young man who found the photo is named Shutter and he posts in this media - but he is seemingly now dissing me - yet not dissing me...

I no longer have the heart or the heath or the time left on this earth to retell the entire story.

I did allow myself to be led by others which was a mistake...like the found money - ONE young man told me to go along with his story - the BIGGEST mistake I made in my quest for the truth.

I was at Tina's Bar with my husband in 1979 only 7 months before the money was found.
If anyone is interested - I will try to tell the story about that trip - but, with too many people asking too many questions & not having been back except with the media in 1991 who took me every which way but right...and than others for unknown reasons telling me such places I described did NOT exist...

In 2010 I spent money I could ill afford (5K) to go to WA..I was prepared to stay for only 1 wk, but the good people of WA & OR came forward and I was able to stay for 15 days...the FBI agent of record had told me if I went to WA I would get in trouble - so I didn't let anyone know where I was...until the night before I broarded my flight for home.

WHY would a FBI AGENT scare a old woman that way...why didn't he want me to approach the public - why didn't he or they want me in WA and OR....I simply retraced the trip Duane & I made in 1979...& remember the things he told me & showed me. I had gone out there to wash it all out of my head...but instead - the trip only reinforced everything I knew...I found most of the places that he took me to - Places the authorities told me did NOT EXIST!

Places that I described in detail over the phone for 4 yr to a man - & all I got was dissed & he would say I said this or that and it was not what I said...I WENT & I FOUND ALMOST ALL OF THE PLACES.

I STILL WANT TO GO BACK & FIND THE OTHER PLACES & TO SEE ALL OF THE PLACE HE TALKED ABOUT... FROM 1979 TO 2010 THERE HAD BEEN A LOT OF CHANGES, BUT I USED MY Memory of mundane things TO FIND PLACES - simple things my minds eye recorded...and there had been a lot of developement...

I have one wish that I will never get...to go BACK and to have someone with me to record the things - but, since I spoke of these places they have now probably been built up and things changed again...In 2010 - I knew I had to GO...I will never regret spending that money for that trip.

Now it is 2015 & I know I will not be able to go back - my mind & my heart is there & sees the things he told me & showed me, but no one cares...

How could a man who supposedly spent most of his life from the age of 24 to 66 in prison have known & been to all of the places & know the things he told me & I wrote about them in a thread - and told the FBI about them..... no one ever heard me - they only wanted to use up my life & I let them....

The wannabe's came to the threads only looking to make a name for themselves. Individuals who I trusted & gave information to & who took that information & wrote (fictional) books & some allowed them to use 18 yrs of my life to diss me. I can forgive Duane for the life he hid from me - because had he told me - he would have spent the rest of his life in prison...he knew I was straight as an arrow...I suppose why he chose me!

Last edited by Ms Cooper; 09-30-2015 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: spelling and grammar

Old 09-30-2015, 05:41 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
A high profile case that impacts nobody if its solved or unsolved. It seems somebody could investigate this in their spare time( and not on the tax payers dime) and then write a book about it.
Hows about trying to solve the Flight MH 370? Maybe start by looking where the wreckage is, down near Diego Garcia.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cooper View Post
My name is Jo Weber and MY husband confessed to me he was Dan Cooper in 1995 before he died.
He lied. A DNA test would clear it up. But you know that.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:56 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post

Anything to avoid actively investigating Hillary's email, Fast and Furious, blacklivesmatter terrorism, Louis Learner's scandal, etc. Come up with a trivial distraction to keep the public entertained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies