Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 07:03 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Bush was anti-semetic so your reply is useless.I don't condone ANY form of racism even after 9/11 when tempers were flaring.You do have to judge people one by one because every group has nice people and ones that aren't so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
It irks the Democrats they have never been able to silence or discredit Rush.
Silencing him would be a pretty lame strategy. Quite the contrary; letting him go ranting on is the best possible way to discredit him.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Silencing him would be a pretty lame strategy. Quite the contrary; letting him go ranting on is the best possible way to discredit him.
Rush is constantly discredited. He's a fat, ignorant slob that is holding the Republican Party hostage, because its base is so stupid that they take worship him. Why else would Steele have felt compelled to apologize to the little twit? Oooh, can't alienate the base! It's unbelievable: Why should STEELE, the head of the RNC, be APOLOGIZING to a stupid little radio pri*k, who has NO expertise in ANYTHING? And what IN GOD'S NAME is WRONG with people on the right that they listen to ANYTHING that Rush Limbaugh has to say?

Sad. Just really, really sad.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I vote for this strategy.....let's ALL send him checks and tell him what a WONDERFUL POTUS he would make and then sit back and watch yet another bloated rightard roast in the fires of public scrutiny.And trust me,that would be one fat pig to roast with all of the little dark secrets he has.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:10 PM

11 posts, read 36,772 times
Can someone verify that he was quoting the Declaration of Independence and he said it was the Constitution? I listened to about 5 minutes of it on youtube but I could not continue.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I think you mean that he's tearing up the Republican party.
AKA The Idiot Super Collider....

Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times
He did indeed quote the Declaration of Independence while giving credit to the Constitution. And, he messed that up....
From the Huffington Post Limbaugh Misquotes Constitution During CPAC Speech

"We believe that the preamble to the Constitution contains an inarguable truth that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life. [Applause] Liberty, Freedom. [Applause] And the pursuit of happiness. [Applause]".............

"Limbaugh, it seems, meant to say "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness," which, of course, is in the Declaration of Independence. Just to be sure, however, the Constitutional Accountability Center (http://theusconstitution.org/blog.history/?p=516 - broken link) compared his remarks to the Constitution's preamble, and didn't find a match."

And I don't think killing the messenger here is necessary, I simply found the quote on their site.

Last edited by Bagger; 03-02-2009 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Wanted to make clear it was from Huffington Post.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 PM

312 posts, read 507,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The people on our side are really making a mistake if they go after Bobby Jindal on the basis of style. Because if you think — people on our side I’m talking to you — those of you who think Jindal was horrible, you think — in fact, I don’t ever want to hear from you ever again. … I’ve spoken to him numerous times, he’s brilliant. He’s the real deal.
-- Rush Limbaugh, February 25, 2009

A Good Rebuttal: Bwahahahahahahaha....
these are the people who you are trying to have a conversation with... forget it. bwahahahaha is all they say, they are zombies. these are the people who voted democrat.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
boy I can't believe Jabba the Rush is treated as a Messiah by the rightwing where even Steele had to apologize to that fat slobbering Oxycotin child prostitute molester tub of GOO! As for tearing up Obama? HA he's in the White House so who cares what that trash says to his minions about our President.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,773,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
The likes of saganista and whatever 'babe' and all the other LIBERALS who obviously voted for Nobama that are posting on this thread-are all drinking the 'Obama koolade' and aren't likely to stop defending him until they are penniless and can't afford a gallon of milk...maybe then they'll see what a huge mistake that they made in voting for the sneaky, dishonest self-agenda-driven-puts our economy 2nd on his priority list-after his own agenda-President, that they helped to be elected.

The difference in Obama and Clinton is this:

Clinton atleast had a brain and realized that the wealthy as well as small business owners, are at the top of the trickle down that stimulates our economy and so without them thriving, America is sc@ewed.

Obama on the other hand wants to help his 'own people, the African Americans' and the poor, so he is doing the opposite and is going to help them and say 'sc#ew' the wealthy.

Result? DEPRESSION here we come.

And no, FWIW, I am NOT wealthy! I am middle class.

I can see doom for him in the future...his ratings are going to tank just like the DOW/WS does every time he opens his mouth on tv. AAAHHHHH!!!

He won't be re-elected in 2012 is my prediction. Thank goodness and praise the Lord-let me be right.
Yikes.

You sound absolutely stupid which is typical of the lowly-educated, racist low-information far right voter. What you obviously don't realize is that Obama is not "raising" income tax, he is simply letting Bush's tax cuts for the top tax brackets expire as scheduled in 2010/2011 which would bring back the tax rates to were they were under Clinton. So what were you saying about Clinton and tax rates again? Yea, I thought so.

And another thing; don't worry about (the >$250k group) he is raising taxes on seeing >$250,000 earners he continually repeated he would "raise" taxes on went for still went for him over McCain. Why? Because >$250,000 earners usually aren't stupid and know the economy will improve under Obama, that and they don't want to be associated with the crass right-wing social KKKonservatism.

CBS News - Richest Voters Supported Obama (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=38823 - broken link)

Now, press mute on the AM radio and go pick up a book.

Last edited by Americanboy; 03-02-2009 at 09:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies