Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,852,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Really? Please tell me more.
No I think he makes a point. The conservative policies have once again sent us on a tail spin and the conservatives continue to blame others for what happened on their watch. Its a joke when they had six years of majority rule to address the problem and did nothing. Now they want a voice when they have proposed the same failed policies? Yet they all over the place saying Obama is ruining the country and ignore their own actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 05:29 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,932,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
No I think he makes a point. The conservative policies have once again sent us on a tail spin and the conservatives continue to blame others for what happened on their watch. Its a joke when they had six years of majority rule to address the problem and did nothing. Now they want a voice when they have proposed the same failed policies? Yet they all over the place saying Obama is ruining the country and ignore their own actions.
I wasn't talking to you, was I?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:31 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,038,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Really?
Compared to the fractionalized Democrats....the GOP seems positively streamlined and businesslike in their shark like efficiency.
I agree and disagree... True, the GOP does appear to be more streamlined and business-like, but the GOP is not really all that Conservative, either. On the other hand, I notice that the party in power usually appears united, but the minority party always seems fractionalized.

The Democrats on this forum certainly are not fractionalized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
Other parts of the website may be left-leaning, but the Politics forum is overrun by conservatives.
I disagree, the P&OC forum is heavily Liberal/Democratic. If anything else the rest of this site seems to be a bit more Conservative, but most of the things I read on this politics forum are not Conservative at all.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:45 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,488,120 times
Really? Conservatives everywhere? I think this forum is definitely centre left but there is a significant number of conservatives here. But I'm glad for the conservatives on this forum. (The rational ones, not the crazy ones) They make the debate interesting and keep it from becoming just a liberal politics discussion forum.

I do wish there were more rational conservatives on this forum like msconnie, teatime and BigJohn3475. They seem to think on their own more, without parroting the typical GOP/Rush Limbaugh talking points.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
Well, you figure that the past 8 years are solidly on conservatives shoulders. Their ideologies failed and the country responded.

Now, for the first time they have a scape goat and are eager to finally vent at someone else because for so long they had no one to blame but themselves.

When people are content, they don't feel the need to rant and rave.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:48 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,932,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, you figure that the past 8 years are solidly on conservatives shoulders. Their ideologies failed and the country responded.
What were the mid-term elections in 2006?
The Dems have been responsible for a lot more than you think they have.
Maybe you should take a break for Olbermann for a while and join the real world.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:04 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,473,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Now, for the first time they have a scape goat and are eager to finally vent at someone else because for so long they had no one to blame but themselves.

When people are content, they don't feel the need to rant and rave.
What about from June 2001 through December 2002 when the Democrats controlled the Senate? Yes, it was the Democrats in the Senate who voted for the War Against Terrorism, the USAPATRIOT Act, and the War in Iraq, but I have absolutely no doubt you will continue to blame Republicans for the acts of Democrats.

Let's just forget the last two years when the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress. According to you, when the Democrats are in complete control Congress, it is all the fault of the Republicans. And you actually expect people to take you seriously?

Old 03-02-2009, 06:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
I love how conservatives always refer to the "elections in 2006". You never refer to the beginning of that Congressional session in 2007 where Democrats held such a slim majority all they could do was stalemate.

No, 2006 makes it sound like the burden of responsibility was not on you for far longer than it really was.

I don't recall Democrats controlling the Senate. If you're referring to a couple independents pushing their caucus over the top (one such independent who was courted to be the Republican VP candidate), then you're REALLY stretching.

Republicans had control. Bush administration pushed lies worthy of treason. Democrats were too weak and spineless to fight back. End of story. Thank God they finally had a leader emerge who would stand for something and articulate what he stood for.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,852,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I wasn't talking to you, was I?
You posted I can respond. Either don't post, deal with it, or give a response.

Last edited by lamexican; 03-02-2009 at 06:52 PM..

Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
"Conservatives are probably the most unorganized, unrallied bunch out there."
Really?
Compared to the fractionalized Democrats....the GOP seems positively streamlined and businesslike in their shark like efficiency.
The defunct leadership looks like it has headlights in it's line of view. Mr. Semantics can't figure out how to instill any confidence and on top of it he went all in. I can understand why but instead of providing hope and change now he is just providing change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies