Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:38 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me how illegal wars built upon lies is not murder?

Can someone tell me how pesticides that shorten human life and create massive deadzones in the Gulf of Mexico (for example) is not murder?

Can someone tell me how pillaging the ecosystems that sustain all life is not murder?

I admire you conviction against abortion. The next step is to remove the hypocrisy from your position and join liberals in supporting their many pro-life values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
The discussions on abortion never take in the fact that there are over 300,000 children in the US that are in the foster care and adoption programs. If there was no access to abortions, the amount of children in the system would be overwhelming. When are all the anti-abortionists and pro life people going to adopt all of these unwanted children? Where do they think they come from and how many more children would be in the system if abortion was not available? There is already 6,600,000,000 [6.6 billion] people on this planet. How many more can it contain?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
No abortion, no death penalty.
How many pregnant women have you financially supported through their unwanted pregnancies, and then adopted the child once it was born?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:45 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
You know what I don't get?

How can you say that abortion isn't murder, but if you kill a pregnant woman, it can be charged as a double homicide? That's f'd up.

No increased charges for killing a pregnant woman. Let's have some consistency. Either it's murder or it's not.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
How many pregnant women have you financially supported through their unwanted pregnancies, and then adopted the child once it was born?
Good point. Food for thought for those who believe at the moment of conception the cells are a baby.

I would strongly advocate that those who are so morally outraged by abortion that such a pregnancy presents them with the opportunity to put their religious and spiritual beliefs to work by protecting the "babies" from the get-go by providing financial support for good prenatal care, provide their "love" and support to the pregnant woman, and to follow through with that help after the birth by providing for the sacred lives brought into this world.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Maybe we need to look at this problem more metaphysically.

What if life never actually begins or ends in any meaningful way? Then what?

Then we can end that silly debate and focus on the real issue.

Perhaps the solution is not to make abortion illegal, as the demand would continue and just go underground.

Maybe the solution is to focus on eliminating the demand for abortions. I, personally, think the root problem is that the nuclear family structure no longer serves a society as advanced as ours. We had a major breakthrough in the 1960s and have struggled ever since to reconicle our previous structures with our current consciousness. What has happened is a disintegration of the family rather than a restructuring of the family.

Biologically, the young are supposed to bear children and the elders (who have spent their lives realizing their personal potential) are supposed to give that wisdom to the new generation.

Right now, teens and young adults are compelled to reproduce but are not prepared to raise children until they are at minimum 50 years old.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Until an organism can live on its own, it's a parasite.
So..a five-day-old baby is a parasite? When I pan an Obama audience I see lots of parasites.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post

Let's try one on you.

How many rape victims have you taken into your home and paid for counseling for?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-03-2009 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 03-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
So..a five-day-old baby is a parasite? When I pan an Obama audience I see lots of parasites.
Obviously you missed the point. Perhaps if you would read the entire thread you would better understand the context in which the comment was made in re "parasite."

Please try to be less hostile.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post

Let's try one on you.

How many rape victims have you taken into your home and paid for counseling for?
Unfortunately, again you seem to have missed the point. Please consider taking more time when reading posts to read in context and consider being somewhat more patient with other board members here. Thank you.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-03-2009 at 12:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies