Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:10 PM

634 posts, read 1,558,482 times

Advertisements

This economy is showing the true colors of Americans. It is absolutely shameful how we turn on each other!

Everybody looking for someone to blame for their problems. Instead of working together for solutions.

I am beginning to wonder if this country is worth saving. If the general population is as divided and angry as the media shows us we are in trouble.

This is really crazy people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,500,035 times
It's a dog-eat-dog world.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:49 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
It's showing the true colors of republicans (Dirty politics):
Republicans completely change their "values" the day that Obama became president.
They use to be all about patriotism, don't criticize the president, the president is "the decider", freedom is not free ($$$).
Now they call their leader a radio conspiracy-theorist clown that wants the president (the guy driving America's bus) to fail.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,126 times
hah if you think today's political environment is considered "turning on each other", you need to read some old newspaper articles and stories from the civil war or earlier in our nation's history. Our whole dem vs repub thing is pretty lame comparatively. This is the way our country works and it will never change. America is always worth saving no matter what happens.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:56 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,801 times
i feel bad for obama because he's got into office in the biggest mess. he will be expected to work a miracle and walk on water.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Republicans completely change their "values" the day that Obama became president.
They use to be all about patriotism, don't criticize the president, the president is "the decider", freedom is not free ($$$).
Now they call their leader a radio conspiracy-theorist clown that wants the president (the guy driving America's bus) to fail.
Moderator cut: no name calling/ or implied name calling Before you make completely biased and grandioise claims like that, have the decency to do some research. I am tired of liberals who just spout liberal talking points and have no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-03-2009 at 10:24 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 09:01 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Au contrare. The banks and large corporations are certainly working together -- they have their collective hands out and the crazy government is going into debt to fill them and promising MORE!

What is it you would have the rest of us do, OP? Petition for a national day to join hands and sing "Kumbaya?" Yep, and while we're singing, Pelosi and the Gang will be promising more money to more mismanaged industries.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:07 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
^You have done a fine job at proving the OP's point.

There is nothing different in this situation than there has been in the past. The only difference is that Americans today are a lot b*tchier, and have greater access to current politics through the internet, news, etc.

And for the record, everyone tries to pawn the blame onto someone else.. The coming inflation spikes will probably be blamed on Bush, the Democrats will blame 'partisanship' for their failures, and as usual people on this forum will blame the 'other guy' for whatever problem befalls them.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
Dems simply can't take responsibility. . . . all in all a wonderful eight years of Bush policies (admittedly, some typical ebbs and flows) peaking at a record high Dow of 14,000+! take the good with the set backs.

Obama and Pelosi's reign has been a disaster to date. . . . with every trillion dollars he takes our kids further in debt, it gets worse.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:50 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenArlingtonPark View Post
This economy is showing the true colors of Americans. It is absolutely shameful how we turn on each other!

Everybody looking for someone to blame for their problems. Instead of working together for solutions.

I am beginning to wonder if this country is worth saving. If the general population is as divided and angry as the media shows us we are in trouble.

This is really crazy people!
I highlighted the key phrase in your original post. The media has its own agenda, and sensationalism plays a healthy part of it. I don't know if things are as bad as portrayed. And I don't think that the wild arguing along with labeling that goes on in almost any C-D forum is representative, either. (Yes, I did take off my rose-colored glasses before I sat down in front of the computer. I just think that the lowest common denominator is what we're seeing from the media...and I think they're wrong).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies