Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2007, 06:29 AM

975 posts, read 3,734,636 times

Advertisements

Clinton was accused of an affair, not doctor shopping, which I'm sure is a felony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Bily4, thanks for pointing another difference out. Clinton didn't "stand up" and admit it after he was "caught." He lied under oath to the American people, and a grand jury!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 06:54 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,748,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
Clinton was accused of an affair, not doctor shopping, which I'm sure is a felony.
Actually he was accused of a lot more than “just and affair”.
One of his victims Paula Jones, who the left vilified, brought a sexual harassment law suit against him. This started the lies that eventually ended in Clintons impeachment.
Clinton Impeachment (http://www.eagleton.rutgers.edu/e-gov/e-politicalarchive-Clintonimpeach.htm - broken link)

The impeachment of President Bill Clinton arose from a series of events following the filing of a lawsuit on May 6, 1994, by Paula Corbin Jones in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas. In her complaint initiating the suit, Ms. Jones alleged violations of her federal civil rights in 1991 by President Clinton when he was governor of Arkansas and she was an Arkansas state employee. According to the allegations, Governor Clinton invited Ms. Jones to his hotel room where he made a crude sexual advance that she rejected.
Ms. Jones and the President settled the case on November 13, 1998.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:13 AM

Everything always comes back to clinton's bj, doesn't it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Actually he was accused of a lot more than “just and affair”.
One of his victims Paula Jones, who the left vilified, brought a sexual harassment law suit against him. This started the lies that eventually ended in Clintons impeachment.
Clinton Impeachment (http://www.eagleton.rutgers.edu/e-gov/e-politicalarchive-Clintonimpeach.htm - broken link)

The impeachment of President Bill Clinton arose from a series of events following the filing of a lawsuit on May 6, 1994, by Paula Corbin Jones in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas. In her complaint initiating the suit, Ms. Jones alleged violations of her federal civil rights in 1991 by President Clinton when he was governor of Arkansas and she was an Arkansas state employee. According to the allegations, Governor Clinton invited Ms. Jones to his hotel room where he made a crude sexual advance that she rejected.
Ms. Jones and the President settled the case on November 13, 1998.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:50 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,802,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Bily4, thanks for pointing another difference out. Clinton didn't "stand up" and admit it after he was "caught." He lied under oath to the American people, and a grand jury!
Kind of like Gonzalez with his selective amnesia act. I am sure Bush and Cheney will lie about national security issues - if they can ever get them in front of a grand jury. Cheney is too slippery for that, though.

I won't defend Clinton for lying under oath, but his extra marital affairs were only made such a big deal about because of the ultra-conservative influence in this country. Personally I think taking us into war under false pretenses and trying to undermine our individual liberties in this country, Cheney claiming he is not part of the executive branch and mocking our system of checks and balances that have been in place since the inception of our country, are far graver offenses. Not to get too far off the subject of the fat buffoon.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Everything always comes back to clinton's bj, doesn't it
Let me break this down for you because you obviously don’t get it.

The Paula Jones law suit was about “sexual harassment”. You and your clueless Clinton lovers just don’t get it. Sexual harassment IS A BIG DEAL!!! Your beloved Clinton has a history of sexual harassment behavior. Several of his victims came forward in the Paula Jones lawsuit. In order to prove Clintons propensity for sexual harassment they looked into Clintons past and present and discovered Monica Lewinsky. Clinton thought that he could get away with another lie and this one he didn’t do so well. The rest is Clintons legacy.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:44 AM

And how does starting this disastrous war we're in now (with no end end in sight I might add--this is really the most incredible war I've ever seen--it just goes on and on and on) square up against Lewinsky/Jones-gate in terms of negligence and lies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Let me break this down for you because you obviously don’t get it.

The Paula Jones law suit was about “sexual harassment”. You and your clueless Clinton lovers just don’t get it. Sexual harassment IS A BIG DEAL!!! Your beloved Clinton has a history of sexual harassment behavior. Several of his victims came forward in the Paula Jones lawsuit. In order to prove Clintons propensity for sexual harassment they looked into Clintons past and present and discovered Monica Lewinsky. Clinton thought that he could get away with another lie and this one he didn’t do so well. The rest is Clintons legacy.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
And how does starting this disastrous war we're in now (with no end end in sight I might add--this is really the most incredible war I've ever seen--it just goes on and on and on) square up against Lewinsky/Jones-gate in terms of negligence and lies?
What, WHAT!!

Square up WHAT?

They have nothing to do with each other. Are you serious?

Your quote
Quote:
You brought up the Clinton affair with Lewinski as if it was the only reason for his problems. I pointed out that his Lewinsky affair was uncovered because of a lawsuit filed by Paula Jones that was sexually harassed by Clinton.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:56 AM

467 posts, read 325,968 times
This is way off topic now. This thread is about LImbaugh, right?

He's a windbag who can't keep his facts straight and attacks others for the very same things he is doing. Hmmm, there is a word for that last one - hypocrite? Yep, that is it.

You are right RedNC - he should have just admitted to having a BJ from Monica and none of the other would have gone down. I believe though that he was the one sexually harassed (thong snapping Mon) in that instance. Can we all agree it shouldn't have happened? Great.

Now, moving up 6 years when we have a constitution swimming down the drain, a unnecessary war draining our coffers, and an idiot leading our country - don't we have bigger issues?

Old 07-01-2007, 12:53 PM

it's easier to complain bitterly about Clinton than to look at the mess that lies before us, I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
Now, moving up 6 years when we have a constitution swimming down the drain, a unnecessary war draining our coffers, and an idiot leading our country - don't we have bigger issues?

Old 07-01-2007, 12:59 PM

467 posts, read 325,968 times
Well, that is the mantra. Anytime an issue comes up that they can't justify they throw out Clinton. I'm so used to it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies