Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 PM

226 posts, read 312,212 times

Advertisements

"You are living in a dream world and can't see the hand writting on the wall..! Have you not seen what your god has done to the country in 5 weeks..? In five weeks he has spent more money than GWB did in eight years, including two wars..!
The stock market is dieing because of his stupid policies...
How long is it going to take you god worshiping demos to get it...!"

What you said in this post is my point exactly. So many people are living in a dream world and they believed Obama has the magic powers to make this country so peaceful and lovely. The number of people who believed this is frightening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He is working on it as hard as he can. Remember it took Bush 8 years to get us into this crap and it will take him some time to get us out of it. But I am confident that he will.
But will any of his worshippers be left to see the end of his 4 year term???

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/akbushcop/sheepobama.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-05-2009, 08:30 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx08 View Post
When is the Messiah Obama going to save us?
Obama will be like Charlton Heston was in the Ten Commandments, just "stand stand on this rock so the people can see you and have HOPE".

Or, was that "CHANGE"?

It was one or the other. Never could get that line right.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 PM

226 posts, read 312,212 times
I have been waiting for the Change. Everytime Obama speaks, the stock market drops. Spending is greater than ever. Obama's speeches are written for him, he says what is in front of him.

Yes We Can Change We Need

Amazing, those words won him the election

Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,811 times
Quote:
tomorrow

Old 03-05-2009, 08:37 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
But but but... CHANGE was promised in at least a singular term! Will he be a fraud if this is not completed in this term?
Obama actually said, "The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there."

I know wingnuts ignore facts but it's getting old.

Transcript: Obama's acceptance speech (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl135 - broken link)

Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times
Quote:
Wow you need to get realistic. I support Obama too but to call him the messiah? He just a man and these things take time I know he's a good speaker but you need to stop looking at him like a god.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:40 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
(I don't know where this came from but I had to write it down...)

The biggest mistake made by humans over the last million years is its belief that it needs to be saved. "Jesus Saves" is a perfect example. If you think that another will "save" you, you completely reduce yourself to the lowest rung on the ladder of enlightenment. As long as people buy into the idea that their reality requires the influence and direction of someone else, they are doomed. Obama, Jesus, name-your-savior--they all enslave people to the victim/victor mentality.

Who dictates your reality? Are you convinced it doesn't respond to your whims and desires? Fool! You give into the will of another and you might as well sell your reality on Ebay. You pitiful powerless speck of dust on the third rock from the sun. Look in the mirror. YOU ARE GOD. Now starting creating what you want and leave these "saviors" to their victims.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:45 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,720,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Obama actually said, "The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there."

I know wingnuts ignore facts but it's getting old.

Transcript: Obama's acceptance speech (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl135 - broken link)
Actually thanks for that... just read that a few times and think... What the hell is he talking about? Why were people so enthralled by the most open ended political commitment of all time? Oh wait I think I figured it out... Obama used a very simple tactic, he simply left "there", the end of the "road" and the summit of the "climb" wholly up to the imagination of his worshippers. I guarantee you he himself has no clue what that meant, after all it was just a ploy so why would he?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
I have been waiting for the Change. Everytime Obama speaks, the stock market drops. Spending is greater than ever. Obama's speeches are written for him, he says what is in front of him.

Yes We Can Change We Need

Amazing, those words won him the election
Please stop making things up..It's making you and your conservative wingnut buddies look all the more foolish.

Obama takes an unusually hands-on approach to his speech writing, more so than most politicians. His best writing time comes late at night when he's all alone, scribbling on yellow legal pads. He then logs these thoughts into his laptop, editing as he goes along.

How Obama Writes His Speeches - TIME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies