Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 05:00 PM

194 posts, read 325,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Ah, so this is the excuse the Obamaphiles are using? Funny that the other presidents haven't had problems with the gift-giving thing but Obama doesn't seem to get it.

As I stated earlier, this really isn't a party issue. PM Brown was also insulted with a jacket selected for him by BUSH.

If it was a party issue, one could easily argue that---
The gift giving situation to the Brown's is embarrassing. However, Obama has had his hands full trying to fix the broken economy left behind for him from the last guy who had his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 05:12 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Ah, so this is the excuse the Obamaphiles are using? Funny that the other presidents haven't had problems with the gift-giving thing but Obama doesn't seem to get it.
When did I say it was an excuse? I simply found the information interesting. I thought perhaps others would also. There is no need for name calling.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Oh OK, he can use this excuse for his cheap tacky gifts.....how does he explain his $100 a pound beef he has been serving at parties to his thug friends?

Old 03-09-2009, 06:39 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Oh OK, he can use this excuse for his cheap tacky gifts.....how does he explain his $100 a pound beef he has been serving at parties to his thug friends?
For goodness sakes,.. did you even read the post above yours? I was not aware that Presidents were not allowed to keep gifts, that they are property of the U.S. I thought it was interesting.
As for the $100 beef........... well that's a new one I hadn't heard yet. Do Tell.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:45 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Send boys to do a man's job and look what happens....

Old 03-09-2009, 07:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Care to verify that? Is that like the urban legend that Michelle ordered some fancy-schmanty lobster dish via room service that turned out to be untrue?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
It's an "excuse" to obey the law?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Have you read the entire story? It wasn't just about something as simple as gifts....it was an entire classless snub at Brown and his wife.
- Michelle Obama failed to have the Mrs. Brown for a First Ladies lunch as has always been the custom.
- Barack hurried through a meeting with Brown and then used the excuse that he was tired and had too much on his plate. You just don't treat heads of state from our closest ally that way.
- While the Browns gave thoughtful gifts to Barack, Michelle and the children, the Obama's gave cheap, pop culture Hollywood DVD's and a plastic Marine One helicopter in return.

Total lack of class from the Obama's.....maybe they need to read Emily Post. The Obama's in DC remind me much of the Beverly Hillbillies.
And just whose story is this? There is no link to support any of the OP.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:26 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,342 times
Barry is an idiot in over his head.

The Dems seem to be looking the other way, for now.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening Escapade View Post
As I stated earlier, this really isn't a party issue. PM Brown was also insulted with a jacket selected for him by BUSH.

If it was a party issue, one could easily argue that---
The gift giving situation to the Brown's is embarrassing. However, Obama has had his hands full trying to fix the broken economy left behind for him from the last guy who had his job.
Obama being too busy is a joke. He seems to have plenty of time for parties at the White House.

[SIZE=5]White House nightlife under investigation
[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]'This party atmosphere sends the wrong message'[/SIZE]

An organization that serves as a watchdog on the U.S. government for American taxpayers has launched a campaign to uncover exactly how much tax money is being spent on parties at the Obama White House.

White House nightlife under investigation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies