Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,389,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He probably called you and gritt to sign at your homes, but you didn't answer the phone.
Hiding?
That's true!

I got a call from him asking if he could drop by and sign a few bills. I told him I was kinda busy, but there were some peeps on c-d that may be interested. He said, yeah, he knows, but jennysquirrel wasn't picking up. I said well, why don't you just sign 'em at the White House? He said good idea, Captain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There's a pre-packaged complaint that waits down every fork in the road with these people. It's like Let's Make a Deal with a booby prize behind all three doors. It's become farcical...
What is farcical is the regularity of Obama's lies and liberals running helter-skelter, tripping over themselves trying to deflect criticism from him.

Obama has made attempts to placate the liberals with Gitmo, making embryonic stem cell research federally funded, reversing the healthcare conscientious objection rule from abortion, etc.,..etc... Obama has miserably failed to be successful with the transparency he promised, slamming the door on lobbyist in his administration, elimination of earmarks in legislation, and making question appoints of Deomcrats to key administrative positions (whom many call tax-cheats).

So much for "change", and "hope" has taken a dirt road.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:45 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,872,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
What is farcical is the regularity of Obama's lies and liberals running helter-skelter, tripping over themselves trying to deflect criticism from him.
Overall your post is hysterical and so true!! I do wish instead of "liberals" you would use the word Obamatrons or Obamabots. Myself and most of my friends are liberals and we don't believe in Obama nor do we defend Obama. We all wanted Hillary.

The number of Democrats defending Obama is rapidly shrinking....pretty much just the diehard Obamabots and they are their own kind.....they aren't normal liberals and they aren't true Democrats.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Overall your post is hysterical and so true!! I do wish instead of "liberals" you would use the word Obamatrons or Obamabots. Myself and most of my friends are liberals and we don't believe in Obama nor do we defend Obama. We all wanted Hillary.

The number of Democrats defending Obama is rapidly shrinking....pretty much just the diehard Obamabots and they are their own kind.....they aren't normal liberals and they aren't true Democrats.
Sorry that I had painted you with my paintbrush. I will try to be more selective in future descriptions of rabid Obama supporters.

The honeymoon didn't last long. One has to wonder where all the positive polls for Obama are being taken. Polls are all over the place, with approval ratings in the 60%+ range down to the 50s and falling. The non-scientific MSNBC on-line poll shows dismal results for Obama. Rather confusing.

It is worth to note that some previous supporters in the MSM are beginning to grumble. They may as well paint a bullseye on their forehead.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:24 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,375,082 times
Quote:
So much for "change", and "hope" has taken a dirt road.
This current crop of politicians are as mediocre a bunch as have come to Washington in many years. America has sunk to a D.C. and New Orleans type of voting, i.e., vote for the most immoral politicians in sight. I suggest that we all get ready for a lot more dirt roads in America as the Nation losses its leadership position in world economics.

My bet is for a restructuring of the dollar much like a third world country.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,351,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
He always is holding press conferences and reading his teleprompters, so why now did he hide and sign this 8,500 earmark spending spree?

Where were the cameras? Teleprompter Man loves the cameras and using 20 pens to sign. Where was the show? I missed it!

I didn't care where the last 54 (ones in my lifetime) budget bills were signed and neither did anybody else, so why should anyone care about where this one was signed.

Spending spree? 1% of the budget bill was "earmarks". Repulicans and Democrats both put in what they thought was best for their states. Thats how new roads get built, and research funded. If you have a problem with what your senator asked for, then contact him, it's his earmark being added to the budget of running the government.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,872,891 times
Quote:
Sorry that I had painted you with my paintbrush. I will try to be more selective in future descriptions of rabid Obama supporters.
Thanks!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,004 times
I believe that's Bush's bill.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,575,768 times
that $410 billion was under last year's Congress and why should Obama veto it because it has earmarks?The omnibus bill keeps the Government working which is something that always seems to become a crisis whenever Conservatives are in power ( remember NEWT in the 90s wanting to shut down DC?}

Old 03-12-2009, 01:11 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Why did Obama hide when signing for the 410 Billion $'s
Because, #1, it's none of your business.
#2, earmarks represent less than 1% of the budget amount
#3, 40% of the earmarks belong to republicans
any more dumb questions?

none of our business???
it is OUR FRIGGING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omgosh
that says it all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies