Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

February saw an unexpected jump in foreclosure filings as the weak economy puts more pressure on borrowers.

New foreclosure jump reported in February - Mar. 12, 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times
I have been saying for the last 2 weeks that we are headed towards absolute DISASTER but it seems like most of the Obama supporters just do not want to see it. Job losses last month were the highest in 60 years, what else do they need to wake up?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Nothing will stop foreclosures from continuing. Nothing.

You might as well try to fight gravity.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:16 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,442,095 times
I think the fact that there are more foreclosures is due to the fact that these people are walking away from homes that are now worth less than what they owe, NOT because they can't pay... they don't want to pay anymore. And yes, there will be a lot more of this....
I don't see what Obama is going to do about irresponsible homeowner, shirking their responsibilities.

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I think the fact that there are more foreclosures is due to the fact that these people are walking away from homes that are now worth less than what they owe, NOT because they can't pay... they don't want to pay anymore. And yes, there will be a lot more of this....
I don't see what Obama is going to do about irresponsible homeowner, shirking their responsibilities.
Then, as usual, you didn't read or listen to his plan where aid will be meted out on an individual basis...nobody(excpet the Welfare Queens of Wall Street ) wll be given a blank check automatically.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Nothing will stop foreclosures from continuing. Nothing.

You might as well try to fight gravity.

Correct! Therefore, I would not be surprised if home values drop another 50% in the next 2 years. People are expecting some type of quick turnaround but it aint gonna happen this time. People will just walk away from their mortgage because there is no logical sense in trying to save something that is depreciating so rapidly. Bottom in 2012? More like 2015!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 AM

Just a couple of links...

When is it OK to walk away from your home? - Smart Spending Blog - MSN Money

More in foreclosure choose to walk away

Old 03-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Then, as usual, you didn't read or listen to his plan where aid will be meted out on an individual basis...nobody(excpet the Welfare Queens of Wall Street ) wll be given a blank check automatically.
I don't know what you are talking about here...
I am saying that lots of people are choosing foreclosure because they believe it will save them money.

and just what the heck does "as usual" mean?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
February saw an unexpected jump in foreclosure filings as the weak economy puts more pressure on borrowers.

New foreclosure jump reported in February - Mar. 12, 2009
You would be shocked because repubs never see any farther than tomorrow.

It's no shock to those who saw it coming and realized that it isn't going to be over in a second. Repubs just HAVE to get over this "instant gratification" fixation they have...it's immature and unrealistic.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You would be shocked because repubs never see any farther than tomorrow.

It's no shock to those who saw it coming and realized that it isn't going to be over in a second. Repubs just HAVE to get over this "instant gratification" fixation they have...it's immature and unrealistic.
Just because you think foreclosures are going to continue doesn't mean you hate Obama or are a "wingnut".

People are going to walk away from their houses no matter how much government gets involved, if it suits their needs. They can just take the mortgage bailout "cram down", try to cash out a little more, then walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies