Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:35 AM

215 posts, read 545,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
1 citizen 1 vote, it is just that acorn does not like to believe that.
Also buy influencing the districts it will also influence how money is spent and distributed. A company like acorn shouldn't have this much control, especially when they have so many cases against their workers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yeah I know this sad sickening argument of apologies for crimes and when your done doing that deflection.... Next is for you to roll your eyes... Then throw a hissy fit... Then Bush bashing.... Then Rush Limbaugh...
Well, I do like to roll to my eyes

Who is Rush Limbaugh?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGUY87 View Post
Also buy influencing the districts it will also influence how money is spent and distributed. A company like acorn shouldn't have this much control, especially when they have so many cases against their workers!
The surface it didn't look so good. Upon further investigation though they go through some pretty strict FBI background checks through finger printing. 500,000 and ACORN will have about 250 positions.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,497,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yeah I know this sad sickening argument of apologies for crimes and when your done doing that deflection.... Next is for you to roll your eyes... Then throw a hissy fit... Then Bush bashing.... Then Rush Limbaugh...
Focus on this: There is nothing to deflect from. Can you or anyone else document a single case of actual voter fraud that arose from any incident of voter-registration fraud in any ACORN voter registration drive ever? Many have tried.

Open your eyes to the fact that the whole ACORN hullaballoo is nothing but a partisan right-wing smear campaign. It's another fake issue manufactured by manipulators who desperately need to drive people around by their emotions because so few of the facts are actually on their side.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,043,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Focus on this: There is nothing to deflect from. Can you or anyone else document a single case of actual voter fraud that arose from any incident of voter-registration fraud in any ACORN voter registration drive ever? Many have tried.

Open your eyes to the fact that the whole ACORN hullaballoo is nothing but a partisan right-wing smear campaign. It's another fake issue manufactured by manipulators who desperately need to drive people around by their emotions because so few of the facts are actually on their side.
Ok put this in the left wing hooka and focus on it:
In the state of Missouri in 1986, 12 ACORN members were convicted of voter fraud. But that case was not an isolated incident in the state. In December 2004, in St. Louis, six volunteers pleaded guilty of dozens of election law violations for filling out registration cards with names of dead people and other bogus information

On February 10, 2005, Nonaresa Montgomery, a paid worker who ran Operation Big Vote during the run-up to the 2001 mayoral primary, was found guilty of vote fraud. Montgomery hired about 30 workers to do fraudulent voter-registration canvassing. Instead of knocking on doors, the volunteers sat at a St. Louis fast food restaurant and wrote out names and information from an outdated voter list. About 1,500 fraudulent voter registration cards were turned in.
I could go on but I'm afraid I'd cause some to start crying...

So exactly what's changed other than who they commit fraud for?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
As far as I'm concerned it's like starting a drug ring and trying to go legit. If the core fundamentals are based on fraud the branches from the roots aren't going to produce something different.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:33 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,215,447 times
Quote:
ACORN has been around for 40 years. I suspect that all you know about it is what the disinformation media force-fed you during the last election cycle. Open wide...say aaah...

and the mass media you are talking so much about is mainly liberal, like msnbc and cnn. so it is not conservative news we are getting it from, it is liberal media we are getting it from.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
No. As the article quite clearly explains, these were individuals who engaged in a fraud against their employer (ACORN) and King and Pierce Counties.

Or perhaps you'd implicate FedEx if one of their seasonal-hire delivery guys got caught using his truck to do drug drops???

and they were employed by ACORN to go out and get people registered to vote.

fedex is not in the business of buying drugs and selling them, they deliver mail. on the other hand, ACORN is in the business of getting people to register and vote.

ACORN in its current form is dirty and should be forcibly made to disband, and forbidden to regroup.

its executives and employees should be forbidden to ask people to get out and vote except in their home state and district.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Did you actually read your link?

You want voter fraud? Here you go:
Ann Coulter Under Investigation For Voter Fraud

ann was cleared of any wrong doing.

that statement was just a few papgraphs down your link, guess you did not read that far.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:43 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,936,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ok put this in the left wing hooka and focus on it:
In the state of Missouri in 1986, 12 ACORN members were convicted of voter fraud. But that case was not an isolated incident in the state. In December 2004, in St. Louis, six volunteers pleaded guilty of dozens of election law violations for filling out registration cards with names of dead people and other bogus information

On February 10, 2005, Nonaresa Montgomery, a paid worker who ran Operation Big Vote during the run-up to the 2001 mayoral primary, was found guilty of vote fraud. Montgomery hired about 30 workers to do fraudulent voter-registration canvassing. Instead of knocking on doors, the volunteers sat at a St. Louis fast food restaurant and wrote out names and information from an outdated voter list. About 1,500 fraudulent voter registration cards were turned in.
I could go on but I'm afraid I'd cause some to start crying...

So exactly what's changed other than who they commit fraud for?
It looks like the liberal just disappeared once facts were presented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies